Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UD card in Playoff Contenders!

UD card in Playoff Contenders!
Hey everyone,

My very first post involves something almost too hard to belive.

Tore into a box of 2010/11 Playoff Contenders this afternoon and in one of the packs I found a Steve Yzerman Holo FX card from SP Authentic. I couldn't really believe it!

Anyone ever heard of or experienced something like this? Should I bring it to Panini's attention or Upper Deck?

Bottom line is how could an Upper Deck card find it's way into a Panini product?

RE: UD card in Playoff Contenders!
Where did you buy the box? Obviously looks like you got a box that has been tampered with.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Woah, sounds to me like your box was most likely tampered with, what were the hits?
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Hey guys,

Naturally first thing that crossed my mind too but the box itself was totally sealed and the packages showed no signs of being tampered with. I got it from a sportscard store on ebay.

I believe it was tampered with but on the factory level. Either someone replaced a card with the Yzerman OR Panini was trying to replicate in some manner what Upper Deck produces.

I honestly wouldn't believe it...if it didn't happen to me!

And the hits were?
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

They all seemed pretty standard/as advertised however was missing a rookie Sig...only got 3...don't suppose my signed "Taylor Hall" ended up in the pocket of a Panini Employee did it?

Hmmm... does the dealer on the bay have a good track record? Fishy you would be missing a 'HIT' also..
Looking for 2006 Playoff Contenders Championship Tickets 1/1 and also insert autos from that set.

Championship Tickets 1/1 - 32/242 = 13%; MVP Autos - 12/15 = 80%; Legendary Autos - 14/26 = 54%; Award Winner Autos - 16/28 = 57%; Draft Class Autos - 11/32 = 34%; Round #s Autos - 9/25 = 36%; ROY Autos - 16/32 = 50%

Great Track record...I'm telling honestly I've looked at all the angles there's something fishy going on here..

that is strange

i can see if it is same company, like donruss in your box
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

This all seems very strange. Maybe the guy can shrink wrap his own stuff and has a way of resealing the packs. Something isn't right though.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87