`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading question

Grading question
I just had a question about grading cards. I live here in Dallas, and am going to take some cards to Beckett tomorrow to get graded, it will be the first time i have ever gotten any thing graded. Some I am taking with out regard to their BV because I want them for the PC, but some I am only grading because I think it might add to the value, and I am planning on selling. My question is this. Is there a certain BV price point that you would say a card is not worth getting graded no matter how high it scores? Thanks in advance.

RE: Grading question
It all depends on personal preference buddy...I sent in a card that was worth 2 dollars just so I can have it in my PC and for it to be in a holder..I find that Beckett has the best holders and would protect the card better than anything else on the market...

It all depends on what you think..I've seen $2 cards sell for $25-30 bucks on ebay and I've seen $100 cards with a 9.5 or 10.0 sell for thousands...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

really depends on the card...and whether you think it can pull a 9.5+ and the existing population reports for it...even cheaper cards can pull a lil value if they are hard to score 9.5s or they are a popular player/set/etc and there simply aren't any high grades
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

modern cards....I wouldn't have them grade if it gets less than a 9. you can specify this and they will either just slab it or leave it in a sleeve.

X

(07-18-2011, 09:04 PM)jasonmj Wrote: modern cards....I wouldn't have them grade if it gets less than a 9. you can specify this and they will either just slab it or leave it in a sleeve.
Do you still get charged if the card doesn't meet the grade you specified? I had my 89 Hoops David Robinson come back a 8.5 and I was at least hoping for a 9...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Thanks fellas,

I actually having some really low and I do mean really low BV cards graded, because I really want them slabbed for my PC. hopefully I'll get some 9.5s. will see in about 20 days. do they charge the same if it scores lower, and they only slab it, or if they leave it in the sleeve?

yes you still get charged....they did grade it.

X

Good info