`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
slowing down WAAAYYY down.

RE: slowing down WAAAYYY down.
Definitely don't sell your collection man. I went through the same thing about a year and a half ago. I stopped spending on the hobby for about 4 months and worked overtime for three...even though it totally sucked during the time I was able to get a much nicer ring than I anticipated being able to afford at an annual jewelry sale at Fred Meyers. If you're planning on picking it out then it shouldn't be too tough, if she is particular about what she wants it may be tougher. Good luck and be patient, it will pay off in the end.
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

(07-18-2011, 08:51 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I'd prefer something like this: of course I'm not marrying you!
[Image: 2700.jpg]
Is that the love birds carving? I'm getting the pendant tattoo on my busom. lol. busom.
Kenny - Hang in there sport, get her what you can now and still be able to keep the gas bill payed. The ring BEING there is what matters (to most women who are in love), not so much what it looks like. Unless it's some sort of decoder ring.
If anything, it will be a down payment on a nicer, bigger, shinyer one. Shinyer is a word, I looked it up.
My wife's wedding band isn't all that special in the case at the store, but on her hand it is something entirely different. I've since managed to get an "enhancer" for it, and a bigger solitaire for the other hand.
The first one is the one that matters though.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Hardy, you are sooo dreamy, will you buy me a ring !!

(07-18-2011, 09:51 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: Is that the love birds carving? I'm getting the pendant tattoo on my busom. lol. busom.
Kenny - Hang in there sport, get her what you can now and still be able to keep the gas bill payed. The ring BEING there is what matters (to most women who are in love), not so much what it looks like. Unless it's some sort of decoder ring.
If anything, it will be a down payment on a nicer, bigger, shinyer one. Shinyer is a word, I looked it up.
My wife's wedding band isn't all that special in the case at the store, but on her hand it is something entirely different. I've since managed to get an "enhancer" for it, and a bigger solitaire for the other hand.
The first one is the one that matters though.
Insert Banner.

(07-18-2011, 10:08 PM)itsdagooch Wrote: Hardy, you are sooo dreamy, will you buy me a ring !!
You haven't even heard my bedroom voice....
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]
Bug 
put the cards in the closet. When my wife and I got married, we went to COSTCO believe it or not, saw a ring my wife liked, then went to the Shane CO where we learned about rings in terms of quality to buy and such, a printout of what costco offered, and not only did they price matched costco, but my wife ended up with a better ring (thankfully I was in the military and went to the middle east so the ring was easily paid off when I got back, but well worth it that she was happy)
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(07-18-2011, 10:48 PM)ft28jags Wrote: put the cards in the closet. When my wife and I got married, we went to COSTCO believe it or not, saw a ring my wife liked, then went to the Shane CO where we learned about rings in terms of quality to buy and such, a printout of what costco offered, and not only did they price matched costco, but my wife ended up with a better ring (thankfully I was in the military and went to the middle east so the ring was easily paid off when I got back, but well worth it that she was happy)
overstock.com has the costco stuff.. we did the same thing bro.

the rings we even bought are 700 dollars more now. I think we spent a total of 1,500$$.. Then again there are some different women out there lol. I got lucky Smile
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

I'm all about price shopping...my wife's ring ended up being better. Her only requirement was 1 carat and we got it and little above it so she was pleased, which made me happy..some cards i had went to paying the for part of the wedding as well

(07-18-2011, 10:51 PM)weslamb Wrote: overstock.com has the costco stuff.. we did the same thing bro.

the rings we even bought are 700 dollars more now. I think we spent a total of 1,500$$.. Then again there are some different women out there lol. I got lucky Smile
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I like that ring Kelly. I really like that whole Tlingit art style. I actually love the idea of finding something in the form of native art. My girl does a lot of village and bush work with Alaskan natives. Her and Alaska have bonded so to say; she feels that this state is home.

Gonz, truer words couldn't have been spoken. Big Grin though admittedly heavy on the cheese Tongue

Overstock won't ship to Alaska. Costco has some pretty good rings, and I also like the idea of picking it together. I've heard that more and more couples do this now....
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/