`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: Your Experience With eBay Buyers Lately

OT: Your Experience With eBay Buyers Lately
Just curious what your experiences have been like with buyers recently.

I didn't sell a lot (a 10-15 cards a month) until recently when downsizing some collections in preparation for a move. I rarely had any problems with buyers. In fact, I did not have anybody blocked from bidding on my auctions.

Over the past month, I have had to place 11 people on my blocked list. A lot of bidders placing offers on BIN/BO auctions and either not paying, not responding to invoices or messages, waiting until an unpaid item case is opened then waiting until the last possible minute to pay (if they pay at all).

Recently, I've had a run on people writing me a day or 2 later claiming they made a mistake when they hit the buy button and want me to cancel their bid.

I have 6-7 auctions that were completed 4-6 days ago still waiting on payment.

As a rule, if someone contacts me, I'm extremely patient and give them plenty of time.

Maybe it's because I've been selling more and it's always like this. It just seems, statistically speaking, there are a disproportionate number of people doing this, whether it's a $20 or $200 item.

What's your experience been like?

RE: OT: Your Experience With eBay Buyers Lately
I really don't know but you got some beauty's for sale over there!!
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

I had that happen not too long ago actually, I waited a week on a payment, when I messaged the buyer, he replied that it was a mistake and will not pay for the card, I dont understand how you make that mistake when it says CONFIRM BID and you have to click it. I think it's because there is really no recourse any longer for them. It sucks and since that, I haven't even listed anything to sell, if ebay will do nothing, they won't get any fees from me for selling.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(07-18-2011, 09:40 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: I really don't know but you got some beauty's for sale over there!!
Don't worry. I'm keeping the good sets together. It's just a few items here and there aand a lot of patch cards that I haven't given away already.

I see you sold one of those Clausen cards that have the extra auto under the helmet. Did you know that it had an auto under where the helmet is also?

(07-18-2011, 09:41 AM)redskins316 Wrote: I had that happen not too long ago actually, I waited a week on a payment, when I messaged the buyer, he replied that it was a mistake and will not pay for the card, I dont understand how you make that mistake when it says CONFIRM BID and you have to click it. I think it's because there is really no recourse any longer for them. It sucks and since that, I haven't even listed anything to sell, if ebay will do nothing, they won't get any fees from me for selling.
I had a similar experience with a BIN 2 weeks ago. Guy buys it. A week later I contact him and he says he ran into some financial difficulties and would get back to me.

Another asked me to give them a great price in which they would pay with invoice thru Paypal to save on fees to me. They get the invoice. Two days later they cancel the invoice. He claims that Paypal is not accepting his credit card and he will get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago.

It seems to me if you do a BIN/BO you should pay within 24-48 hours. Straight auctions I give more time because the buyer has to wait days for the auction to end and things can happen from the time the bid is placed until 5-7 days later when the auction ends.

With BIN you either have the money or you don't. If you don't, then don't do a BIN.

(07-18-2011, 09:45 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: I see you sold one of those Clausen cards that have the extra auto under the helmet. Did you know that it had an auto under where the helmet is also?
Not cool posting someone's link deuce...

And I haven't sold anything lately, but I have gotten word from other sellers that this is a trend as of late. Sorry you're going through it Mel!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

He has his ebay link posted in his profile so didn't think it was a big deal. Guess I'll delete it..

(07-18-2011, 09:45 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: I see you sold one of those Clausen cards that have the extra auto under the helmet. Did you know that it had an auto under where the helmet is also?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colt-McCoy-2010-Pres...3f0be70da3
I still have the Clausen. I sold a Colt McCoy like that, though. I did know some had the auto underneath. Compared to some of my sets though, it just didn't stand out.

I also dumped most of my 2010 Contenders except the 1/1's and Super Bowl Ticket autos. There just wasn't a lot of love for Contenders this year. This is reflected in the pricing.

2009 Contenders isn't doing much better.

I'm keeping my Certified sets, even though I might get rid of some of my dupes. Also keeping the 2010 Elite Aspirations auto set.

I normally pay for items on ebay right after the auction ends. That sucks you've ran into such bad buyers.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]