`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: Your Experience With eBay Buyers Lately

RE: OT: Your Experience With eBay Buyers Lately
one problem ive had lately is i get an item from a seller in auction style and he says free shipping for each additional card. i contact the seller and told him im waiting to bid on another card you have so i can get the free shipping and youd get more of a profit because id bid a little higher and you ship them together and wouldnt have to worry about using another shipping label bubbled mailer. i told him which item it was and that it was in 4 days after the item i won. his response was i request payment in 3 days so you either pay for the item you won or i file a complaint. we need to get rid of people like you to make this site a better place. ughhhh i wonder about some people sometimes.
ohh whoops the thread is about ebay buyers not sellers sorry about that
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-18-2011, 11:44 AM)pbean Wrote: stopped selling on the bay till both them and Paypal change their policies dealing with us Canadians Sad

we have to pay extra fees and surcharges, and we have zero "legal" recourse now Sad

I've had at least 8 "buyers" contact me about products they have either bought or had want to buy outside of ebay (send money as a "gift" etc) and they have all turned out to be crooks Sad

I also have been contacted directly by ebay telling me to LOWER !!! my shipping charges ..... it costs me $2.37 Post plus bubble mailer, plus top loader, penny sleeve etc. and I clearly state that I charge $2.99 shipping ..... I called them up and they said I was "over the average" and it would affect my seller rating if I didn't ..... I told them where to clearly go, and how to get there Sad

it's not their business how much I charge imho

hate em, but they can be a necessary evil Sad
Are you sure they wasn't messaging you about your star rankings.
I have never heard of ebay messaging some one to tell them they charge to much for shipping.

(07-18-2011, 12:09 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: one problem ive had lately is i get an item from a seller in auction style and he says free shipping for each additional card. i contact the seller and told him im waiting to bid on another card you have so i can get the free shipping and youd get more of a profit because id bid a little higher and you ship them together and wouldnt have to worry about using another shipping label bubbled mailer. i told him which item it was and that it was in 4 days after the item i won. his response was i request payment in 3 days so you either pay for the item you won or i file a complaint. we need to get rid of people like you to make this site a better place. ughhhh i wonder about some people sometimes.
ohh whoops the thread is about ebay buyers not sellers sorry about that
I don't know your circumstances but this is what I've learned as a buyer and seller....

If I list an item that I expect to get a lot of exposure on a weekend (for example 3-day auction starting Thursday and ending Sunday), if I have a BIN/BO and a buyer buys on Thursday, the item is no longer available for that weekend. If the item is not paid for after 3-4 days, I've lost that weekend to sell it to someone who might have bought it. This is especially true if the buyer doesn't pay or waits for an unpaid item case to be opened.

Like in football, a player might be hot one weekend and not so hot the next. If it re-lists, people think there was something fishy going on and you've lost exposure, especially for long holiday weekends.

We always talk about the sellers. I thought it might be time to make some of the buyers more accountable.

That what the DSL's are about. People leave less than 5s because they have to pay the right amount for shipping. I just lowered mine from $3.25 (which I was losing money on) to $2.75 for single cards. The site sucks, but there's no where else to sell cards. I've tried on here, but everyone wants to low-ball your or offer like 10%S of BV.

I hate ebay, but have to stick with it because it's my only option.

(07-18-2011, 12:29 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Are you sure they wasn't messaging you about your star rankings.
I have never heard of ebay messaging some one to tell them they charge to much for shipping.

Huge shipping fees should be taken care of when they start charging fees based on entire purchase price, but of course then their will be complaints about higher fees. Everyone cant be happy at once. Sorry I don't sell on eBay so I don't have much of a comment on the OP.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(07-18-2011, 12:29 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Are you sure they wasn't messaging you about your star rankings.
yes, it was all combined my star rating was in "danger" because of my shipping charges ..... spent over 1 hour on the phone with them one day ..... literally painful Sad

not one person had complained about my charges ..... just them ??? Sad

I stopped selling on Ebay a long time ago. All their rules are just nuts now. I almost stopped buying when ebay messaged me that I was giving to many seller lower star ratings. They "erased" all the ratings I had left on those bad sellers. I guess my honest opinion of the sellers wasn't good enough.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37