`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: EBAY feedback question

RE: OT: EBAY feedback question
(07-18-2011, 08:12 AM)gmccarth Wrote: As a general rule I only leave negatives if I don't get the item or if the item is damaged and the seller will not make it right. Things happen in people's lives and shipping may not always be the top priority, and I try to give the benefit of the doubt. However there is nothing wrong with mentioning poor communication and slow shipping in a neutral feedback. That is the point of feedback.
+1

[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I bought an item last Sunday (8 days ago as of today) and the seller has yet to mark it as sent as well. I contacted him 2 times in the last few days asking for a DC# and I have yet to get a reply. I understand things come up, but communication goes a long way. If the guy never replied to you, but actually acknowledged the message by sending the card then there is a good chance that maybe something just came up and he forgot. In that situation, I leave a positive still unless the item doesn't arrive for another week or two, then I'd consider a neutral.

Poor communication irks me sooo much. If you want to sell on eBay, accept the responsibility as a good businessman. When you have MY MONEY, you should be obligated to complete the transaction in a timely manor unless you contact me notifying me of a delay. Yeah stuff comes up, but I don't go to Wal-Mart and pay for a tube of toothpaste only to be told I can pick it up in two weeks. A business is a business....you don't treat people like you can do as you please just because they are located across the country or wherever.

Well I guess I am a jerk on Ebay then. I have left negative feedback before a few times. (To be fair, it is in probably 1% of my Ebay transactions.) If the experience was negative, I WILL leave negative feedback. I don't care what the seller thinks is "fair", I don't care about the feedback he will leave, I don't care what other people will think when they see it, I don't care. If the transaction with that seller is a negative experience, that seller will receive negative feedback. If that seller doesn't want to receive negative feedback, then perhaps he should curb the behaviors that makes me not want to buy from him again.

Like I said, this is maybe 1% of all Ebay transactions. As an example: if I don't hear from you and nothing is marked shipped for 8 days despite my repeated attempts at contact, you will receive negative feedback. If the seller has a good reason (and I believe it) I would retract it. If not- then that seller should have been as diligent holding up your end of the transaction as I was in holding up my end.

(07-18-2011, 12:34 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Poor communication irks me sooo much. If you want to sell on eBay, accept the responsibility as a good businessman. When you have MY MONEY, you should be obligated to complete the transaction in a timely manor unless you contact me notifying me of a delay. Yeah stuff comes up, but I don't go to Wal-Mart and pay for a tube of toothpaste only to be told I can pick it up in two weeks. A business is a business....you don't treat people like you can do as you please just because they are located across the country or wherever.
I agree with you 100%.

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Feedback is the response of a person's actions, not the post offices.

I agree with people on here saying that if the seller can not make it right whether that means not shipping the cards or if something happens in the shipping process, refunding money, that would probably be the only reason I would ever leave negative feedback too.

I still have never left negative or even neutral feedback. The latest I have ever recieved a purchase from eBay is about 2 weeks later but it was coming from Japan and I knew it was going to take that long.

(07-18-2011, 09:34 AM)phillies816 Wrote: When I get an email from a seller stating they only leave feedback after receiving it..that's holding feedback hostage. Thanks for chiming in though
There is no rule stating you have to leave feedback
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Personally I wouldn't leave a neg. but maybe I'm too nice.....I would probably give a positive and then a one or two star for shipping time.
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

(07-18-2011, 02:04 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: There is no rule stating you have to leave feedback
Technically no. But common courtesy wise, it sure is nice to see that feedback from people especially if everything worked out according to the transactions description and you tried as hard as you could to make whoever happy whether it be the seller in sending payment quickly or the buyer and shipping the card out properly and in a timely manner.
I guess you are right though as far as there is no such thing as holding feedback hostage.

If I get the cards this week I am going to leave a neutral. I will only go negative if I don't get them or they come later then next week. Just gets under my skin that I pay the day after winning and they don't ship for 8 days with no explanation.

I would just leave positive, assuming I'm happy with the card since that is what I was paying for, and ding his communication/shipping DSRs.