`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OT: 2011 Tribute Pricing

OT: 2011 Tribute Pricing
Hey guys, I was just checking out some of the Topps Tribute singles on Ebay and some of the game used prices are so low? mantle double bat Buy it now 99, Hornsby 49? What gives? Why are the prices sooo low?
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

RE: OT: 2011 Tribute Pricing
Anyone?

Probably because no one wants to pay much for pieces of stadium seats, just because Mantle is on the card, if they even actually took the wood from there. Or do they actually say "bat" on the backs of the cards? I know last year's Tribute got people to talking about GU wording a lot. I think the base cards were a little improved this year, but I hate me some Topps Tribute because all the packs I bought the cards were always dinged up severely.

P.S. I wouldn't say this is OT (off topic?) at all seeing as you posted it in the Baseball hobby talk section..lol, seems hobby related.

The above poster is correct...A lot of people are afraid of the wording that Topps and other companies have been using...When you look, most will just say "Game-Used Memorabilia", which could be a bat, stadium seat piece, or any other thing involving wood...There is a reason why a lot of the older bat cards from Playoff and Leaf are more expensive..They actually showed a piece of the bat used and actually stated that it was a bat piece..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Thanks for the reply guys. That really bums me out. So many things are wrong with this Hobby and it sucks to think UD and Playoff did it right and are no longer around.
/??
Does Topps offer any relics anymore that say worn by (player) in an offical MLB game