`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
frustrating day

frustrating day
So I have been trying to super collect a AA level minor league prospect named Matt Den Dekker in the Mets system. 4 rare of his rare cards /50 and below where on the bay today and someone sniped me on 3 of them..

My question is do any of you collect minor stars or prospects and have you had a experience where you where sniped at the last second on multiple cards of that player?

I just think that there can not be many collectors of this player and the cards where all sold way above beckett price.

RE: frustrating day
all it takes is one person fighting you for cards of a player. before venters caught on it was easy to snag his cards for next to nothing on ebay the past month has been stupid with his cards fetching anywhere from 2-6x BV consistently
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-15-2011, 03:47 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: all it takes is one person fighting you for cards of a player. before venters caught on it was easy to snag his cards for next to nothing on ebay the past month has been stupid with his cards fetching anywhere from 2-6x BV consistently
I understand that and except it. It looks like dealers are the ones swiping them up now. I got lots a few months ago but the market for him has dried up since he is only in 4 or 5 sets.

there is a chance it could be someone snaggin them cheap to potentially flip later on... but even if its only two people fighting for the cards that can make ebay miserable at times misjudging what use to go cheap.

perhaps people from the same area as him...a family member... another person that just likes him and is focusing on him
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I might have been his mom or GF lol
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(07-15-2011, 02:58 PM)captdolo Wrote: I might have been his mom or GF lol
Took me forever to realize you forgot a T in that...you were his mom?!
Haha
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-15-2011, 03:01 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Took me forever to realize you forgot a T in that...you were his mom?!
Haha
I only got, because you got it. I was thinking as you did: he was his mom. It just didn't make any sense.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!