Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jim Thome .....

RE: Is Jim Thome .....
[quote='sonnyday' pid='1622749' dateline='1310726690']
Thome still has a home in Cleveland, across the street from my aunt and uncle (the super rich aunt and uncle). Class act guy, always signed stuff for the kids in the neighborhood. But this guy came into the league skinny as a stick. Unfortunately I think he abused certain illegal substances.

no way thome abused illegal substances he really wasnt that skinny when he came in hes always been pretty big
I collect all baseball

(07-15-2011, 11:28 AM)baseballcardmitch Wrote: [quote='sonnyday' pid='1622749' dateline='1310726690']
Thome still has a home in Cleveland, across the street from my aunt and uncle (the super rich aunt and uncle). Class act guy, always signed stuff for the kids in the neighborhood. But this guy came into the league skinny as a stick. Unfortunately I think he abused certain illegal substances.

no way thome abused illegal substances he really wasnt that skinny when he came in hes always been pretty big
+1

I saw him play in RC league and he was big then. He was 6'3" and 200 lbs. at 21. He is now at 255, but that weight came on slowly throughout his whole career. Look at his RC cards. He was quite big and muscular back then.

(07-15-2011, 08:30 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Haha. Yea I have one of those in my family except they don't know the meaning of family.

I was wondering that about thome the other day. I hope it never comes out because I like thome and don't want to think of him as a cheater. I'm a Manny Ramirez fan and love his cards but he really let me down with what he did.
you what they said about A-rod 4 yrs ago.....they said he didnt take any....the next thing you know.......they crack him open and got busted......what a shame.....guys from this generation are getting caught now

definitely one of the most underrated stars and future HOFers ever. I have always like Thome and will be glad to see him get to 600.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(07-15-2011, 04:19 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: definitely one of the most underrated stars and future HOFers ever. I have always like Thome and will be glad to see him get to 600.
Ditto--same here

Thome on steroids? Nah, never once crossed my mind. He has always been too mild mannered to be juicing it up IMO. His career has been one of the best in the history of the game.
[Image: 5990000932_c874f0ce46_m.jpg]

(07-15-2011, 11:15 PM)killrbees17 Wrote: Thome on steroids? Nah, never once crossed my mind. He has always been too mild mannered to be juicing it up IMO. His career has been one of the best in the history of the game.
I remember way back in 93 I was only 145 pounds today lets say I gained some weight when you get older everything goes to pot and I dont mean any kind of drugs. Yes just because he was as skinny as a bean pole and added some weight does not mean he is using any performance drugs its just age catching up with him. Look at Jeter he was as skinny as a bean pole also his rookie year and look at him now I bet he has gained about 40#s over the years and I dare anyone to say he used them. He even spoke out a couple of years ago saying something like anyone who used should be kicked out of the league or something to that effect.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(07-15-2011, 08:30 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I was wondering that about thome the other day. I hope it never comes out because I like thome and don't want to think of him as a cheater.
I'm with you, I always thought of him as a class act...Rick

My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...