`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The eBay yahoos are making me furious!

RE: The eBay yahoos are making me furious!
(07-14-2011, 10:55 AM)hellsbells Wrote: Actually a 4 is bad according to ebay and will cost a seller their discount (if they have one) and can limit their account.

ebay is too buyer friendly - if you average less than 4.8 on any DSR category your account is in danger of limitations, etc.

I used to charge 2.00 shipping and got dinged (1 and 2 stars) for this. This is sending the card in a sleeve, toploader, padded envelope with Delivery Confirmation. This means 1.92 postage, padded envelope and toploader for a total of about 2.50 my cost.

Even at that amount, people would give 1 or 2 stars on shipping cost.

It makes it hard to sell individual cards of smaller values. Now I sell lots, or not at all for regular cards. For the ones that I do list, I will start the bidding at 3.00 and if it sells for that, after shipping costs and fees, I lose money.

I hate ebay, but for some items, it has allowed me to make some money - and find buyers that I wouldn't otherwise have, so I guess I will keep using it, but only for certain items.

Ken
I didn't think 4's even got you on the eBay radar.

I know if you look at your seller dashboard, it will tell you how many 1's or 2's you are allowed in a category. I believe it's 3 or less in a 12 month period. This is regardless if you sell 10 or 1000 items. This makes no sense of course.

The more you sell, the more people you are exposed to, the greater the chance you will run into people who won't be happy no matter what. That's the nature of collectors and the hobby.

If you have only sold a few items, of course you shouldn't have so many low marks.

It's a rigid system that sticks with the seller for a year. In other words, if you get dinged in the first week of July and are perfect the next 11 months (all 5's), eBay will still send you warnings.

(07-14-2011, 10:40 AM)melcmd Wrote: Because of those fees, I've had more and more buyers offer to pay thru Paypal with an invoice instead of thru eBay to get better pricing for them and to save me (the seller) fees.

I don't know if it's true or not. I know on items worth more than $80, it seems to make a difference and if I agree to this I usually will do it if the buyer pays immediately. I don't pull the auction until the item is paid for.

The advantage...I think it works better for both buyer and seller. The disadvantage....you don't get feedback.
Yeah you are right about that. It does seem recently that I've had more people asking me to sell to them that way, and it does help a little for sure.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

Last time i mentioned this site in a thread it got deleted so I wont. But there are way better sites to by cheap cards( under 10 bucks ) than the Bay.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Let me clarify one thing. I was selling lots of 12 Packers autos, jersey, and auto/jersey cards. Average book value of each lot was $250. It was not a $0.99 card. I haven't sold any base cards, either in lots or as singles.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

man...to put it nicely, that sucks. I agree with Bakerman, its no good. There are other sites just as good Smile
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

I realize I overpay on Ebay for cards I really want at times, but I know when I do it. I would have no gripe about it, in my opinion.
I am in the middle of getting duped by a guy on this site over a $35-40 trade. You know what? I don't send my best cards in trades simply because of the possibility of losing them. But I will trade high end with guys I have worked with here. Not much difference in Ebay, the way I see it. Some great guys on Ebay doing me a favor with hard to find cards, and then you have to deal with some jerk-offs. I have seen the same thing here...some great traders, sellers, and buyers, but we still get ripped off at times.
Thanks for mentioning your problem for all to see how silly some buyers can be.