`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Dream Card

RE: Your Dream Card
1953 Topps Satchel Paige. I think that set is the best looking ever produced and that is an iconic card that I have wanted since the 1st time I saw it
[Image: Boston.jpg]

Any of the 1933 Goudey Ruth rookie cards. My current goal is to get the RC of the (arguably) greatest player in each of the 4 major sports. I'm going for Ruth, Jordan, Gretzky and I haven't really decided for football but it will probably be Jim Brown. Pretty sure I won't have too difficult of a time getting the Jordan, Gretzky or Brown...it's the Ruth that may take a while.
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

(08-21-2011, 03:10 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: 1953 Topps Satchel Paige. I think that set is the best looking ever produced and that is an iconic card that I have wanted since the 1st time I saw it
As far as Paige goes, I'd like his '49 Bowman RC.

But my real dream card is a 1960 Yaz RC graded PSA/BGS 7+
I'm a Yastrzemski collector on a very limited budget, so that's the golden egg that's eluded me

(07-14-2011, 07:15 PM)mseward Wrote: I forgot to include another card I've been wanting forever, but just can't afford yet: the 1964 Topps A.L. Bombers card featuring Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris.
I finally did it! Picked up the A.L. Bombers card this week! One day I'll take some cards to the office and scan.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.

My favorite card is not even a Yankee. 1953 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese. I just love the photo on this card.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(01-13-2012, 04:29 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: My favorite card is not even a Yankee. 1953 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese. I just love the photo on this card.
That Pee Wee Reese card is awesome. I know it's not vintage, but check out the 2011 Topps Update Dee Gordon card when you have a chance. Another awesome action shot of a Dodgers infielder turning a double play.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle Mint.
Bo Jackson (all cards BB/FB) Mike Alstott RC and GU/Autos, and Pro Set Errors and Variations.
http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/34BoJackson16/library/Football%20FS%20FT?sort=4&page=1

It is a tough decision. So many cards. It can be a 33' Goudey of Ruth, or a T206 of Cy Young, Mathewson or Walter Johnson.

Because I need it to complete my set, a decently graded 1966 Topps Venezuelan Mantle. Because he's my favorite player, a 1967 Topps Stand Up Carl Yastrzemski.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

T206 Wagner. I am winning powerball on Saturday so I will acquire it on Sunday.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]