`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XstreamINsanity's Pistons Collection - SCANS

XstreamINsanity's Pistons Collection - SCANS
I've had quite a few people in my time ask me why I collect Detroit Pistons. There's many reasons actually. First off, I spent the first 19 years of my life in Southeastern Michigan. I watched them all the time and they embodied the city of Detroit and upheld beliefs I can agree with. Teamwork, 110% or more every night, sometimes you have to get and be dirty, etc. Secondly, my favorite player of all time played his entire career for Detroit, Joe Dumars. He brought us two championships as a player, and one as a GM (which was 4 years, he wore number 4, after taking over as GM and was in the 2003-04 season). They even created a sportsmanship award because of him, and I'm ALL about sportsmanship. And there are other smaller reasons, but you get the picture.

While I started collecting cards since I was 8 (almost 19 years ago now), I didn't really go for mainly Pistons until 2 years ago. When I first started collecting, I wanted everything and anything. But that was before I knew about GU, AU, 1/1, etc. Then it became too exhaustive. Two years ago I decided to buckle down and go mainly for Pistons, every card I considered a Pistons card (explained below). Since then, I went from 300 different Pistons cards up to currently 3,307 (8 of those are incoming). However, this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for some of the most awesome people on here. Many people have given me freebies and extras and they've really contributed to my collection. However, I do owe a lot of credit to ToddAp79 because he sent me over 3,000 cards for free. I did not have 1,300 of them. I was amazed and still to this day feel indebted.

I consider a card a Pistons card if it falls under at least one of these categories:
  • The Player (if only a 1 player card) or a Player (if a multi-player card) has a Pistons jersey on.
  • The card states that the player plays for the Pistons.
  • The card states that the players was traded to the Pistons.
  • The card is an Olympic card from the same year the player played for the Pistons

Current Collection Statistics (according to Organize calculations)

Last Updated: 07/21/2011 @ 10:45:00 EDT

Items: 3,307 (3,299 in possession)
Memorabilia: 206
Autographs: 87
Serial Numbered: 434 (1/1 - 2)
RC: 294

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: XstreamINsanity's Pistons Collection - SCANS
Nice start and boy you sure do make go the extra mile for your treads. Cant wait to see all them pistons cards.
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

i wanna see some mahorns. if youre doing requests :p

Sweet Lanier rookie! I have an auto of him coming up soon Smile
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

this thread is going to be massive when you get all of your scans up.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(07-12-2011, 11:31 PM)b33rman Wrote: Nice start and boy you sure do make go the extra mile for your treads. Cant wait to see all them pistons cards.
Smile Thanks. Yeah, I like putting in a little extra effort just to make it look as nice as I can. Mind you, I want to have all of my Pistons cards scanned front and back anyways, for the system and for me, so that's not extra at all. Also, I found it very convenient to have those links there because then I don't have to direct anyone to my profile, it's right there. Smile However, you probably won't be seeing any Prince for a few months. Depends on how many I can get scanned each day and get them loaded.
(07-13-2011, 12:01 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i wanna see some mahorns. if youre doing requests :p
You won't see anything special, like AU or GU of him, don't think I have any, but I should have some Mahorns up within a week or two. Just old stuff though. Smile
(07-13-2011, 12:04 AM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: Sweet Lanier rookie! I have an auto of him coming up soon Smile
Thanks. I need to get a Lanier AU. I have a 2009-10 GU of his /50, so at least I got that out of the way already. Smile
(07-13-2011, 02:01 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: this thread is going to be massive when you get all of your scans up.
Oh yeah, hopefully one of the largest threads on the site (even though they have a few 70+ page threads in football). I just hope I can stay consistent in the scanning. I might scan more than 10 a day, because the scanning process goes faster, it's the upload process that is killer.

This man not only has a massive collection but yes does go the extra mile and I see that with every post he makes, that is the reason I'm going so hard for this thread and want to see others falling this lead he has made!!! I love your collection its about collecting what you like and you dont shy from that!!! Keep up the good work. Btw I gave this thread 5 stars!!! Smile
[Image: 9ersncrabtree.jpg]

(07-13-2011, 06:51 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I just hope I can stay consistent in the scanning. I might scan more than 10 a day, because the scanning process goes faster, it's the upload process that is killer.
maybe you should work on making a 3x3 card frame - all you'll have to do is put it on top of the scanner and place the cards in. they'll all be scanned perfectly straight that way.

that should help speed up the scanning process it bit more..

(07-13-2011, 08:25 AM)folkertino Wrote: maybe you should work on making a 3x3 card frame - all you'll have to do is put it on top of the scanner and place the cards in. they'll all be scanned perfectly straight that way.

that should help speed up the scanning process it bit more..
The scanning time is quick. Front and back scans in 2 minutes total per card (I have high settings for my Pistons cards because I want the best quality for those scans. For cards I have for trade, I have lower, but still high, settings and it takes 1 minute total per card front and back. But I could easily scan 10 cards in 20 minutes. But uploading 1 image into an item in the system can take 3 minutes, so 20 images takes almost an hour. Sometimes I get lucky and it goes fast, like 20 seconds, but sometimes it looks like it's hanging. Personally, I think it's because they're affixing the watermark onto the picture using our computer's processing, but I could be wrong about that.
And I'll have to check my scanner, I think a cat hair is in those scans. Smile

All this talk, bring on some more pics. I like the first few, I am axious to see the rest of them now............ Are they going to be in chronological order??? Is that why you started with the 71-72???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!