`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Value for Donating ???

Card Value for Donating ???
I packed up about 4000 common & over produced late 80's -90's cards & plan to take them to Goodwill. Whats the normal value per card for a receipt? Has anyone else done this? I was thinking .01/card.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

RE: Card Value for Donating ???
I would go with beckett's low value and print it off so you have evidence If you ever audited.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Personally, I would say even less than that. For a big collector, I would put the value at .005/card. They may have more value to someone who doesnt have as nice or as large as most of the people on here do.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

I have been told that a 5000 count box is basically $30
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

The IRS just requires you to show reasonable evidence of value. Considering beckett's reputation I would go with the published low value to maximize your deduction.
Oh yeah, do not forget to get a receipt from goodwill
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(07-11-2011, 10:02 PM)krn001 Wrote: I packed up about 4000 common & over produced late 80's -90's cards & plan to take them to Goodwill. Whats the normal value per card for a receipt? Has anyone else done this? I was thinking .01/card.
Thanks for the input, i def will get a receipt thats why i inquired what the estimated rate should be.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered