`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
johnXgodfree - braves/venters maildays!

RE: johnXgodfree - braves/venters maildays!
My Medlen collection isn't much at this point, he mostly has base cards. There are no GU cards to my knowledge and only two different auto's; both from TRIStar. So really the only expensive cards are the '06 Bowman DP parallels. I'm still looking for the Orange, Red, and plates. Crossing my fingers that they issue some Medlen AU/GU inserts this year!
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

had 6 of the cards come in on the same day so went ahead and took a quickshot of the latest pickups!

[Image: ventz123.jpg]

(02-14-2013, 04:30 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: My Medlen collection isn't much at this point, he mostly has base cards. There are no GU cards to my knowledge and only two different auto's; both from TRIStar. So really the only expensive cards are the '06 Bowman DP parallels. I'm still looking for the Orange, Red, and plates. Crossing my fingers that they issue some Medlen AU/GU inserts this year!
yeah the only Medlen cards worth chasing are those '06 cards-- sucks that they were hard to find because of no value before -- now they are pricey for the good ones! I still want a nice #/50 or less of his '06 for our collection but couldn't find one I was ok with the price on sadly once they started coming out of the woodwork.

I really look forward to seeing him pitch this year - as Maddux was/is my favorite all time and seeing him out there just reminded me so much of why I liked Maddux.

I imagine after the season he had last year he should find his way into at least a few nicer sets this year! on the downside for me I don't think venters will be in much.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Nice pick ups. Sweet collection. Thanks for sharing.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

a few new ones first off:
[Image: 2000-prism-proof-big.jpg]
2000 Pacific Prism Proof Greg Maddux #/10 not quite my "first #/50 or lower 90's" maddux card I was aiming for this month. but a #/10 from 2000 is a nice consolation prize I guess!

[Image: 2013-topps-silver-slate-num-big.jpg]
2013 topps wrapper redemption - silver slate #/10

[Image: 2013-topps-black-plate-big.jpg]
our first 2013 printing plate.

still eyeballing the right price for a SSP from heritage then we are back up to 100% on the venters PC and eclipsed the 33% of all 1/1s owned also! (hey gotta have SOME good news packed in, during a week where he is going to go pay a visit to Dr. Andrews...sigh)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

another fun mail day today for us, many months back had some help tracking down a japanese sega card gen Jonny Venters card ended up working out a trade on another site (they post here also!)
[Image: 2012-card-gen-big.jpg]

skip forward many months...had a surprise message letting me know they had found a 2011 of his! (which I didn't even know existed!) skip forward a lil later and we had a gift in our mailbox this afternoon!

[Image: 2011-card-gen-big.jpg]

cool seeing that he has a little more "Value" in the game from one year to the next, and able to add another neat card to the collection! out of all the cards we have, these in the top five for us for our favorite venters cards. not worth much of anything or exceedingly rare, just a pleasant experience getting ahold of them!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

picked up the '13 heritage SSP refused to pay more than we did for it....so was a waiting game to find one for the right price...not a really cool card, and a forced SSP "error" just really didn't interest me much.

but being a completest and all....
[Image: 2013-heritage-SSP-big.jpg]
1/1's (28/72 39%)

Nice pick ups
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

RC printing plate #5 of 8 arrived in the mail today! one of these days I will complete one of these darn four plate sets! have 4 different series of plates where we have 3 of the 4 now ;x

then got this nice lil #/100 Maddux!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

Dude, stick with Venters. I don't think that Maddux guy is ever gonna amount to anything. I mean, let's face it - the Cubs let him walk.
Kepler

with Venters being down and out after Tommy Johns surgery (2nd one ugh) new cards other than random 1/1s popping up is pretty much a thing of the past but found this and for $5PPD added it to the collection

8"x10"

[Image: 2005-rome-braves.jpg]
1/1's (28/72 39%)