`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Mailday...What to do?

Awesome Mailday...What to do?
Gave up quite a bit to get these two but I think it was worth it!!!

2009-10 National Treasures Gold Prime Patch /25 James Harden
[Image: 2011-07-11_13-38-19_285.jpg][Image: 2011-07-11_13-38-45_214.jpg]

2009-10 National Treasures Colossal Materials Signature Jrue Holiday /49
[Image: 2011-07-11_13-38-29_963.jpg]

So my question is, what should I do with the James Harden? I just won $50 for Beckett Grading so I am most definitely getting it graded but then I am not sure after that... Should I sell it now while he is still hot? Or should I keep it and hope he ends up having an even better year next year? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!

RE: Awesome Mailday...What to do?
Not sure on Harden, I think that if he cracks the starting rotation like some predict, then there is still room for his stuff to go up.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I say you should hold onto it. I believe he'll get more of a role next year to begin with. However, if you ask me, he's not going to be a next level player. He's going to be an awesome role player, so his value is not going to sky rocket anytime soon, unless the owner for some reason thinks he's the future of the team and trades Kevin Durant to Detroit for Charlie Villanueva and Tayshaun Prince (wishful thinking on my end). Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

First off congrats. I thought no one from the basketball forums would ever win. I feel like basketball collectors get treated like the ugly step child round here. Second, I would grade the Harden and wait on the Holiday.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(07-11-2011, 01:46 PM)quavis Wrote: First off congrats. I thought no one from the basketball forums would ever win. I feel like basketball collectors get treated like the ugly step child round here. Second, I would grade the Harden and wait on the Holiday.
Us basketball collectors get treated like that at every show, every forum and almost every LCS. Things have improved some in my area since Oklahoma got a pro team, but I would still have a easier time moving baseball or football singles.

I actually used to collect baseball and football, but honestly it got way too expensive and way too hard to keep up with the products in three sports.

I sent an offer that we agreed on via PM to the guy that won that Kidd/Nash Dual auto on the drawing on the 3rd. He collects football and I came out of my shoes to get something he won for free.

Oh and congrats on winning that coupon, and if you decide not to use it, I know someone who would buy it for the right price.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Whoa, that Harden is beautiful! Hmmm, it all depends if you PC him. I would get it graded and see how you feel after that. I mean, if you see a chance to make some good money out of it, that's hard to turn down. Please share scans after you get it graded!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

(07-11-2011, 01:04 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I say you should hold onto it. I believe he'll get more of a role next year to begin with. However, if you ask me, he's not going to be a next level player. He's going to be an awesome role player, so his value is not going to sky rocket anytime soon, unless the owner for some reason thinks he's the future of the team and trades Kevin Durant to Detroit for Charlie Villanueva and Tayshaun Prince (wishful thinking on my end). Smile
This is kind of what I was thinking. He showed a lot of improvement this year and especially so in the Playoffs! Considering hes on a team with the leading scorer in the NBA and Russell Westbrook who puts up 30 shots a game, I think he did pretty well. If OKC decides to deal Westbrook then I think Harden could be the perfect compliment to Durant. I think he can definitely be a star but not so sure a superstar! However, if he does crack the starting lineup and starts putting up 20pts 6rebs 5 ast. or something like that and OKC goes on a championship run then I think his cards and this one in particular, since its his BEST RC, will go up! Very tough choice!!!!

(07-11-2011, 01:46 PM)quavis Wrote: First off congrats. I thought no one from the basketball forums would ever win. I feel like basketball collectors get treated like the ugly step child round here. Second, I would grade the Harden and wait on the Holiday.
Thanks! I too was really hoping at least someone, anyone, from the Basketball boards would win! Was very surprised and excited it was me, and especially since it was one of the better prizes IMO! Will definitely be getting the Harden graded with the certificate!

(07-11-2011, 02:01 PM)got watcha want Wrote: Oh and congrats on winning that coupon, and if you decide not to use it, I know someone who would buy it for the right price.
Thanks for the offer! I actually thought about trying to sell it at first as I am not much of a graded card collector, but once the trade with the Harden went through, I have to get that graded!!

(07-11-2011, 04:06 PM)htowntigger Wrote: Whoa, that Harden is beautiful! Hmmm, it all depends if you PC him. I would get it graded and see how you feel after that. I mean, if you see a chance to make some good money out of it, that's hard to turn down. Please share scans after you get it graded!

Harden is sort of my PC because I love the way he plays and think he is very mature and shows a lot of leadership for his age! I think he has a chance to improve so I am trying to get some of his things now before and if they get out of control! I am hoping this will get at least a 9! 99.9% sure it wont get a 10 but a 9.5 would be awesome!!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!