`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Crazy offer...UPDATE!

Crazy offer...UPDATE!
So when I pulled a Nelson Cruz die cut with one of my giveaway codes this morn I get an offer for it that has 19, yes 19, cards...must have loaded up on Astros cards b/c here's the offer...

My Cruz for...
67 M Cuellar
77 Jose Cruz/C Cedeno/JR Richard/K Singleton
78 K Singleton/JR Richard/B Watson/Jose Cruz/C Cedeno (fuuny I actually got the code for this card as well)
79 B Watson/Jose Cruz/JR Richard/K Singleton
80 JR Richard/Jose Cruz
82 JR Richard/Jose Cruz/K Singleton

I must admit I'm a 70's card fan but the set I'm going to start putting together is 76...I may also decline b/c I already have a 77 cedeno and I traded to get a 78 cedeno...anybody else get any crazy offers like this??

RE: Crazy offer...
I get nothing but crazy offers.

Here, take a bunch of common junk for a "good" card.

Keep in mind, it will end up costing you something like thirty cents per card when you cash out.

I had an offer for 212 common cards from 1979-2010 for my Babe Ruth black diecut. It's starting to get ridiculous with these offers for it, so I just pulled that card off today and I'm having it delivered. I wonder if I'm going to get that one before my Ryan Braun embedded card???

I also have the normal diecuts of Mantle, Ruth & Pujols. If someone offers me 1 or 2 black diecuts (depending on who is coming back to me) for each one I'd probably take it.

A little over a year ago when I was still collecting Pedroia and Markakis cards, someone offered a trade of (I think) 4 cards of mine that if I recall correctly, were decent enough cards, for approximately 75 cards of Markakis. Within that 75, there was probably about 20 different cards and he loaded up on dupes. I just shook my head, declined, and sent a PM as to why I was refusing the trade.

About two months later, I saw his user ID on Floydtown's list.

RE: Crazy offer...UPDATE!
Todays crazy Topps Diamond giveaway offer...40 various Tex Rangers cards for my die cut N Cruz...somebody also offered me an 84 G Richards for my die cut Cruz...hmmm a $10 card for a .10 card...sounds like a great deal. No wonder Topps doesnt have a section where you can leave comments!

RE: Crazy offer...UPDATE!
I have yet to unlock a die cut and I wanted the Hunter Pence one so I offered about 12 cards ranging from 1967-1979 (Most were from the 1960's) and they accepted. I had no use for vintage cards really so it was a win-win for me. I just took a chance and it paid off. I wouldn't expect the same result with mainly junk cards though.

[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index