`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which would you rather have?

RE: Which would you rather have?
(07-11-2011, 12:56 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: For my Urlacher non-RC pc, I find myself adding cards I like. He has thousands of cards and there's no way could get 'em all. So I just pick up ones that I happen to like. Some High End, some low.

So I'd say option 3...a little bit of everything Wink
+1
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

I think these cards look like crap and are not worthy of the high dollar a box price:
[Image: SCAN0332.jpg]

Whereas these at not even a fraction of the price are very cool:
[Image: sjaxpc2-1.jpg]

But believe me, if someone was going to give me a box, I'd take the NT any day over Prestige!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Yea i never liked NT...
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I'm with you, Kelly. I'd rather have 10 nice-looking/attactive cards to look at than 1 unappealing card worth more than the other ten combined. I do occasionally pick up some high-end stuff for my PC, but usually I'd rather look at lots of lower-end cards than a very few high-end ones.

I pick up high-end too but prefer the look of ttt. I also like Exquisite, but if the design is unappealing, forget it! I love refractors anyway!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Hmm I guess I was wrong.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-11-2011, 03:02 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Hmm I guess I was wrong.
Maybe all the high-end-only collectors are at work right now and haven't seen the thread yet. Big Grin

(07-11-2011, 02:53 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: I pick up high-end too but prefer the look of ttt. I also like Exquisite, but if the design is unappealing, forget it! I love refractors anyway!
Yea, sp authentic and exquisite used to be very nice (most) but ever since they went to college stuff...its like...ehhhh....high end press pass.

Treasures does make nice cards but... not rookies Big Grin... or recent, 2006-2007 has nice cards.

Sp authentic:
[Image: hoftriple.jpg]
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

personally i like to get just one or 2 high end cards of players I think will do something in the league besides that I like my player collections from bottom of the barrel base to the top of the food chain high end so far my Mikel Leshoure Collection is looking pretty good. so 100s of cards i really like to 10 $200 cards give me the ones i like.
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

(07-11-2011, 11:05 AM)favre3mvp Wrote: it just... doesn't feel right.

becuase when.... the design is right...the player(s) are right....
it just feels right.
Ohhhhh yeeeaaaaaahhh!! Sounds like Barry White! lol

There is plenty of highend out there. Pick out a few you like and go for it. Yes, the 2010 NT aren't great looking, but the previous years have been very nice looking. The year only matters if it's the rookie year and even then there are other highend sets from the same year to choose from. Both ose aspects are important to a collection, but I think you "have" to have a few highend pieces in your collection to be satisfied. Just my opinion.