`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions needed about trade vs players hotness

RE: Opinions needed about trade vs players hotness
(07-12-2011, 03:40 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Pete Rose..... you can bet on it lol......
BURN!!! Thanks for that one.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(07-10-2011, 02:59 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Yes, stats do speak for themselves...Jeter had 1 season above .900 OPS
HE IS A SHORTSTOP! There are different standards. If he was an OF or 1B then you might have a point. Ernie Banks career OPS is .830

EDIT: decided to crunch a few numbers. According to a baseball almanac site I found (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofstss.shtml), there are 21 HOF shortstops and I compared their career numbers to Jeter's.

How did Jeter do?

AVG: 3rd best
OBP: 7th best
SLG: 5th best
OPS: 5th best
Hits: 4th best (easily gets to 2nd when all is said and done)
HR: 4th best
RBI: 7th best (will obviously move up too)
RUNS: 2nd best (will be in 1st by the end of this season)
SB: 8th best

any of the haters care to reconsider that DJ is a Hall of Fame SS?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Jeter not HOF numbers are you kidding me. HE has carried the Yankees through most of his career.
Jeter is a career 300 plus hitter. Aside from his seat given 3,000 hits. He is a WS MVP winner. And plays short stop not your power totting OF or 1B. Aside from his consecutive game streak Cal Ripken batted .272......... didn't put up outstanding numbers. Neither did Ozzie Smith.

I hate the Yankees. And Jeter is the only Yankee I have respected since Mattingly.

Look at Lou Boudrou, Ozzie Smith, Phil Rizzuto, Pee Wee Reese, Luis Aparicio, Luke Appling, Dave Bancroft, Joe cronin, George Davis, Travis Jackson, Hughie Jennings, Rabbit Maranville, Joe Sewell, Joe Tinker, Arky Vaughn, Bobby Wallace, John Ward, and Robin Yount. Those are all the shortstops in the HOf that Jeter has better #'s then. Yount might have more hits now, but when its all over, Jeter will be higher. The only shortstops in the HOF with better #'s are Ernie Banks, Cal Ripken Jr., and Honus Wagner. Even with those 3, some of Jeters stats are better. Not to mention 5 World series titles. Dont think any besides Rizzuto have that many. But hey, hes not a hall of famer, yeah right.

I'm not a huge Jeter fan but it's funny to hear people say BESIDES 3000 Hits what has he done..

Im thinking 3000 hits is pretty big to overlook...there are only 27 people in the history of the game who have done that..

Throw in the WS rings and he is a sure Hall of Famer..

As for the OP, Im not a fan of the Signature rookies but it would be hard to find a better card that someone would trade for a Tebow..
[Image: arod.gif]