`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on a topps giveaway trade

Opinion on a topps giveaway trade
If you had a Topps mantle from the 60's or a Hank Aaron card from the 60's that you have not redeemed yet, would you accept a trade that included 20 die cut cards including, Cal Ripken, Ruth, Mantle, and other stars?

I appreciate any and all feedback and comments.

Thanks

Kevin

RE: Opinion on a topps giveaway trade
Depends on what you want to do with the card/cards once you take delivery.
If you want to sell them, I'd say do the trade because you're gonna make more money on 3 cards you named than you would on the Mantle or Aaron, not to mention the other 17 cards you would sell.
It's a crap shoot when it comes to the condition of the vintage card you're gonna get, so you could take delivery of a 1964 Aaron or Mantle for example and get a card in Very Good/Fair condition that would sell for $30-40.

If you just want the vintage card, then you're losing out on that doing the trade.

You're leaving out too much info, like what year the card is and is it Mantle or Aaron for anyone to be able to give you a good answer.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

(07-07-2011, 04:57 PM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: Depends on what you want to do with the card/cards once you take delivery.
If you want to sell them, I'd say do the trade because you're gonna make more money on 3 cards you named than you would on the Mantle or Aaron, not to mention the other 17 cards you would sell.
It's a crap shoot when it comes to the condition of the vintage card you're gonna get, so you could take delivery of a 1964 Aaron or Mantle for example and get a card in Very Good/Fair condition that would sell for $30-40.

If you just want the vintage card, then you're losing out on that doing the trade.

You're leaving out too much info, like what year the card is and is it Mantle or Aaron for anyone to be able to give you a good answer.
Thanks for the response

A 1962 All star card of mantle and a 1969 Hank AAron Card regular version.

Thanks again

Take the vintage!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

As much as I prefer vintage I think I would do the deal. If you really feel like you want either card you can sell those die-cuts and should have more than enough to buy either or both cards in as good or slightly better than the typical condition Topps sends out.