`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storing Card help!!!!!!!!

Storing Card help!!!!!!!!
Where should i store my cards?? I have been putting my good singles into sleeves then plastic then into boxes...but they're in the dark and dry place?? Is this the best place to put them?? what about commons?? should they be flat or standing up?? does it matter?? Any help into helping me would be greatSmile

RE: Storing Card help!!!!!!!!
I usually just put commons, etc. in those 3200 count white boxes found at pretty much any card shop. For better cards, I have them in a penny sleeve and then loader and occasionally one touch cases for more expensive ones. For those I buy the smaller two row boxes that are designed to hold cards in holders with the wider and taller rows.

what about lighting...does it matter?? ive heard that you don't want any on and ive heard you do?

(07-06-2011, 05:33 PM)stl5 Wrote: what about lighting...does it matter?? ive heard that you don't want any on and ive heard you do?
If they are in a box, light isn't going to hit them anyway. Direct sunlight over time would leech the color out, but any normal florescent light won't hurt.

thats what i thought in the first place...just checkin thanksSmile

I do not recommend storing them in a washing machine.

Seriously though I just use big boxes for commons and penny sleeves in a binder for most others. My vintage I keep in sleeves and plastic top loaders and a hard metal tin.
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants

most of my commons for trade are in the large ct boxes. I have many, many cards in binders, either from sets or certain player collections. And I have my higher end stuff in penny sleeves in top loaders and some of those go in my sports card organizer which looks like a toolbox, but once you open it there are slots and storage specifically for cards (and it's lockable).
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

My cards w/toploaders fit in the 4 row boxes just fine.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature