`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a BIG Organize problem
07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
a BIG Organize problem
So, a few weeks ago I noticed that when I traded for a card that was on my wantlist, it would create a duplicate listing in the Recently Traded folder and then I would have to manually remove the Want from the other listing. I then deleted it from the Recently Traded folder and the other listing stayed in it's proper folder. Well, today I dumped out my Recently Traded folder and lo and behold it removed all the listings, apparently they weren't duplicated. So now I have removed more than 500 random cards from my Org and will have to painstakingly put them back? Argh, this is almost not worth the hassle anymore!

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: a BIG Organize problem
(07-06-2011 10:08 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  So, a few weeks ago I noticed that when I traded for a card that was on my wantlist, it would create a duplicate listing in the Recently Traded folder and then I would have to manually remove the Want from the other listing. I then deleted it from the Recently Traded folder and the other listing stayed in it's proper folder. Well, today I dumped out my Recently Traded folder and lo and behold it removed all the listings, apparently they weren't duplicated. So now I have removed more than 500 random cards from my Org and will have to painstakingly put them back? Argh, this is almost not worth the hassle anymore!

You first have to delete the duplicate files from All Items (The one with the old inventory totals) leaving each card with two tags, One for recently traded and one for the card collection that it belongs in.

Then you then have to make up a dummy collection, move the cards to the dummy collection from recently traded and you will have two tags for each for each card, One for the dummy collection and the other for the collection that the card belongs in.

You then have to delete the dummy collection, not the cards, and everything will go back into its proper place.

This only is necessary for the cards that you traded away. The cards that you traded for work properly and and the inventory updates correctly. When you delete the collection they will all go back into their right place.

I know this is a royal pain, but until Beckett sees fit to correct the error we are stuck with having to go through this.

Ray

07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
(07-06-2011 11:58 AM)ktcardshop Wrote:  You first have to delete the duplicate files from All Items (The one with the old inventory totals) leaving each card with two tags, One for recently traded and one for the card collection that it belongs in.

Then you then have to make up a dummy collection, move the cards to the dummy collection from recently traded and you will have two tags for each for each card, One for the dummy collection and the other for the collection that the card belongs in.

You then have to delete the dummy collection, not the cards, and everything will go back into its proper place.

This only is necessary for the cards that you traded away. The cards that you traded for work properly and and the inventory updates correctly. When you delete the collection they will all go back into their right place.

I know this is a royal pain, but until Beckett sees fit to correct the error we are stuck with having to go through this.

Ray

This is incorrect, this also affects the cards you traded for. For example I just traded for a 1978 card I had in my wants. My collection currently says that I recently traded for it, and it also says I still want in. So now I have a dummy card and a separate one that's still in my wants. I didn't realize this was happening until I read this post and took a look at my collection. I've traded for about 500 or so cards in the past week or so and now I have to redo my want list after every trade so I don't keep trading for the same card! This is a joke. We're going on 7 months now, still no matchmaker, still no order to your wants when searching other people's collection and now this! Very frustrating.

Football Set Builder.
Topps Chrome, Upper Deck, Ultra and Score.
07-06-2011, 01:45 PM
(07-06-2011 01:41 PM)scotts shoebox Wrote:  This is incorrect, this also affects the cards you traded for. For example I just traded for a 1978 card I had in my wants. My collection currently says that I recently traded for it, and it also says I still want in. So now I have a dummy card and a separate one that's still in my wants. I didn't realize this was happening until I read this post and took a look at my collection. I've traded for about 500 or so cards in the past week or so and now I have to redo my want list after every trade so I don't keep trading for the same card! This is a joke. We're going on 7 months now, still no matchmaker, still no order to your wants when searching other people's collection and now this! Very frustrating.
so it's not just me doing some silly clerical error, it seems like a fundamental flaw to the system to keep you trading for a card you think you 'want'

[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]
07-06-2011, 01:58 PM
(07-06-2011 01:45 PM)petesahuttt Wrote:  so it's not just me doing some silly clerical error, it seems like a fundamental flaw to the system to keep you trading for a card you think you 'want'

yep, exactly. Just the other day I was double checking some of my set want lists that I have written down and comparing them to what's in my Beckett organize and had to correct a bunch in Beckett because they were still showing cards that I already had. I figured it was because of some of the trades I did a couple months back when trading had just started up again didn't go through correctly. But now it looks like a larger issue. Awesome!!!

Football Set Builder.
07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
(07-06-2011 01:41 PM)scotts shoebox Wrote:  This is incorrect, this also affects the cards you traded for. For example I just traded for a 1978 card I had in my wants. My collection currently says that I recently traded for it, and it also says I still want in. So now I have a dummy card and a separate one that's still in my wants. I didn't realize this was happening until I read this post and took a look at my collection. I've traded for about 500 or so cards in the past week or so and now I have to redo my want list after every trade so I don't keep trading for the same card! This is a joke. We're going on 7 months now, still no matchmaker, still no order to your wants when searching other people's collection and now this! Very frustrating.

When you look at recently traded you will see some of the cards have only the recently traded tag. These are the cards that have to be added to the proper collection and the duplicates deleted.

Ray

07-06-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 02:23 PM by scotts shoebox.)
(07-06-2011 02:01 PM)ktcardshop Wrote:  When you look at recently traded you will see some of the cards have only the recently traded tag. These are the cards that have to be added to the proper collection and the duplicates deleted.

Ray

right, but I still have a separate card that's listed in my wants so I have to manually go and delete those too. The system should take the card that I have in my wants and move that to the recently traded folder like the old site did. This one just makes a brand new card and puts in the recently traded folder and leaves the other one in the wants card making it look like you still need it when in reality you just traded for it.

I currently have 536 cards in my recently traded folder. Of the ones that I traded, all came from my "Haves to Trade" folder with the "Haves to Trade" label on them. Of the ones that I traded for, NONE are from my "Wants" folder. They are all brand new ones generated by Beckett and only have the "Recently Traded" label on them. So now I have to go through my "Wants" folder and manually delete the ones that I just traded for.

Football Set Builder.
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
(07-06-2011 10:08 AM)petesahuttt Wrote:  So, a few weeks ago I noticed that when I traded for a card that was on my wantlist, it would create a duplicate listing in the Recently Traded folder and then I would have to manually remove the Want from the other listing. I then deleted it from the Recently Traded folder and the other listing stayed in it's proper folder. Well, today I dumped out my Recently Traded folder and lo and behold it removed all the listings, apparently they weren't duplicated. So now I have removed more than 500 random cards from my Org and will have to painstakingly put them back? Argh, this is almost not worth the hassle anymore!
Completely agree.I made some big trades over the weekend and now have over 2000 cards in my recently traded folder.Don't know if it is worth the hassle to try and figure it out or just give them all to the boys.Liked it better when each trade went to a separate folder.

Collecting for My Three Sons.Two are Phillies Fans and One is a Pirates Fan.Look
ing to trade for Howard,Ultley,Hamels and Anything we don't have for our A & G's.

http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy23/...%20Graded/
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 08:03 PM by scotts shoebox.)
do any moderators have any info about this?

Football Set Builder.