`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boring Thread on "TEAM-BAGS"

RE: Boring Thread on "TEAM-BAGS"
(07-05-2011, 10:35 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I use tape on top loaders to keep the cards safe when it comes to shipping. If they're in a sleeve, top loader and team bag, they can still slide around side to side and up and down. I tape the top loader so that the card won't slide at all.

I've had to do that because I've received negative feedback on another site for not using tape. It sucks, so I've just started spending the 3-4 seconds to put a piece of tape on the top loader.

That being said, I don't tape my personal top loaders, but then again, I don't put them in team bags, either. Most of my screwdowns (thicker ones) won't fit in team bags, either. I have 3-4 packs of team bags, but rarely use them because screw-downs won't fit. BTW, I don't use and can't stand one-touch pieces.

I don't use top loaders if the card isn't a PC card. I mainly only put GUd and autos in penny sleeves. When I trade it, it gets taken out of the sleeve, put into a sleeve from the shipping supplies box and then into a top loader out of the shipping box. The penny sleeve it came out of goes back into my personal storage supplies. Base cards, inserts, RCs, refractors, etc., that aren't PC are never put into penny sleeves. They're filed by set and put in numerical order where the're easy to find for trades.

Sometimes when I'm shipping 5-20 cards, I have to put them in a team bag and tape the team bag between 2 top loaders because I don't have any snap tites that the cards would fit in. I usually use tape on everything I ship to save me from getting negative feedback because a card has a rough edge or has slid around.
All I really meant is based on what you said you will put tape on loaders for other members but not your own. If you are gonna use tape, use blue tape or something. I am sorry someone would leave neg feedback over a piece of tape.

And about moving the cards back and forth from penny sleeve to penny sleeve and so forth is just opening the door for a disaster on a corner. I could see moving the card from a brand new toploader you want to keep to a toploader fit for shipping, but with penny sleeves?

And the classic toploader sandwich, I think there has been enough said about that, another doorway to disaster at the other members expense if a corner or edge gets bent or rounded.

I apologize if I came off as bashing, not my intent at all. I understand about the money part and reusing shipping supplies. Just some of your statements are just like you are splitting hairs and handling the cards way too much, imo. I really apologize if anyone thinks i am being unreasonable. I know 90% members wouldnt want their cards handled/shipped like this.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I put about 99% of my cards that are not base cards into their own personal pennysleeve, toploader, and team bag. I used to use tape too til I discovered team bags and now that is all I use. They are what a whole two bucks for 100 of them.

But at the same time if somebody puts a whole roll of tape on a toploader and the card arrives fine then that is okay with me too. For me it is more about the condition of the card rather than the condition of the toploader.
Andre Roberts-87 Autos with Six 1/1's
http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106...1QQtppZZ28

(07-06-2011, 12:27 PM)boldincollector Wrote: I put about 99% of my cards that are not base cards into their own personal pennysleeve, toploader, and team bag. I used to use tape too til I discovered team bags and now that is all I use. They are what a whole two bucks for 100 of them.

But at the same time if somebody puts a whole roll of tape on a toploader and the card arrives fine then that is okay with me too. For me it is more about the condition of the card rather than the condition of the toploader.
Try like $4-$5 per pack of 100 at my LCS.

(07-06-2011, 01:36 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Try like $4-$5 per pack of 100 at my LCS.
Same here and it sucks. Top loaders are $1.50 for 25 but Team bags are $4 for a 100 at my lcs. Doesn't make sense.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-06-2011, 02:08 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Same here and it sucks. Top loaders are $1.50 for 25 but Team bags are $4 for a 100 at my lcs. Doesn't make sense.
I get mine every time I go to Denver and they are $2 for 100. I guess they gotta make their money too.
Andre Roberts-87 Autos with Six 1/1's
http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106...1QQtppZZ28

Crazy, don't change the way you ship/store/handle your cards. Nothing wrong with what you are doing.
The only thing that really matters is whether or not you cards get to you in the first place, and the condition they arrive in.
I use the 3M painters tape. It works well enough for sealing the outside of the bubble mailer, but it's not practical for the shipping printouts.
Most of the time I ship in Cardsaver1's because they give no chance for the card to shift around during shipping, and they are cheap.
Next trade I do is going to be taped up with 3M splicing tape and corrosion protection tape, lol.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]