`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why aren't these Red Sox GU in the ORG?

RE: Why aren't these Red Sox GU in the ORG?
(07-07-2011, 01:59 PM)wtsjr Wrote: I have added the Jim Rice to the database. It was actually in our original checklist back in 2001 but pulled once we realized it wasn't actually released.

As for the Nomar card, is that card missing the memorabilia piece or is it just a white swatch?

Thanks, Bill S.
The Nomars have their swatches (all white).
[Image: 01_fleer_legacy_nomar_garciaparra.jpg]

That's one card to watch out for as some people have been adding fake patches to them.

[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

Looks like the Nomar already updated to the site:

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2001/fle...ra-8199785

Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

Cool! Now I can officially enter these cards into my collection. We've determined that these were given out as redemption cards for redemption cards that were no longer available. Is that correct? Thanks for adding them to the ORG.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(07-08-2011, 06:11 PM)zeprock Wrote: Cool! Now I can officially enter these cards into my collection. We've determined that these were given out as redemption cards for redemption cards that were no longer available. Is that correct? Thanks for adding them to the ORG.
They were. you a Red Sox fan?

(07-09-2011, 07:15 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: They were. you a Red Sox fan?
Yes. Since 1970.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Here is another one missing from OPG you may want to pick up then.

[Image: 205202_193556224013301_135793266456264_4...4443_n.jpg]

This guy has 2 of them in his collection.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...K:MEWAX:IT

Looking at the old posts that have been resurfacing sent me back to my very first thread. I was curious to see how many members posted on it that are still on the forums today. Not a lot of variety with members on my first thread. I do miss the sarcastic wisdom of jacobystealshome and wonder if Jedi Master wtsjr is still around. Interesting that I was a member here on Beckett for eight years before I made my first forum post.

The forums have been rather slow recently. How about some of you go back and bump your first thread? It'll be cool to see who was around back then and may still be around now.

zeprock Wrote:Looking at the old posts that have been resurfacing sent me back to my very first thread. I was curious to see how many members posted on it that are still on the forums today. Not a lot of variety with members on my first thread. I do miss the sarcastic wisdom of jacobystealshome and wonder if Jedi Master wtsjr is still around. Interesting that I was a member here on Beckett for eight years before I made my first forum post.

The forums have been rather slow recently. How about some of you go back and bump your first thread? It'll be cool to see who was around back then and may still be around now.
Jacoby was awesome.

zeprock Wrote:Looking at the old posts that have been resurfacing sent me back to my very first thread. I was curious to see how many members posted on it that are still on the forums today. Not a lot of variety with members on my first thread. I do miss the sarcastic wisdom of jacobystealshome and wonder if Jedi Master wtsjr is still around. Interesting that I was a member here on Beckett for eight years before I made my first forum post.

I'm on a computer that doesn't show pics at the moment so I'll have to see if the pics in my first thread actually show up anymore as they were in photobucket.  With that said, I think my original threads were deleted maybe? I feel like there was a site overhaul or something a little over 10 years ago or so.  Oldest ones that show are from 2011.  I know I started being active on here back in 2008/2009 while at Ft. Bragg after getting back from deployment.  Trades were fast and furious at that time.

Like you, I noticed I signed up well before I became active on here.  I signed up in December 2005 and, if I remember correctly, it was while I was at the computer lab at Ft. Huachuca in AZ waiting to go home for a couple of weeks.

Joined 12/10, 1st post 01/11. 1970 Topps Tommie Agee was the 1st card I saw from the 1st pack I ever bought as 6 year old.

Agree - Jacoby was awesome.

Rather slow is an understatement. I was unable to keep-up with the baseball forums when I 1st started
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.