`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried :( .....No More.....BGS GRADE RESULTS SCAN 8/12......

RE: Worried :( .....Need some advice......
Thanks EVERYONE for your concern, advice and words of wisdom. I am soooo discouraged right now. This is devastating to my love for card collecting Sad

I would say a small dose of steam as well but my heart is falling out of my chest for you, this is terrible news. I am so sorry, I am worried about anything i have in a plastic holder now. Do magnetic holders do this as well or just screw downs and this question is for anyone?
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(07-05-2011, 08:43 PM)weslamb Wrote: I have used dental floss once with a Ozzie RC it kind of worked lol ..

good luck man
I did read about the dental floss. I am gonna use that as a last resort. THANKS for the advice!!!!

Oh man so I guess what I heard is true. Sad
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-05-2011, 08:44 PM)jncdrew Wrote: I would say a small dose of steam as well but my heart is falling out of my chest for you, this is terrible news. I am so sorry, I am worried about anything i have in a plastic holder now. Do magnetic holders do this as well or just screw downs and this question is for anyone?
All holders can do it if the card fits too tightly. Make sure there's enough space in your screwdowns and magnetics that the case isn't bulging on the sides... Seems like common sense, but...

Those block type holders are the worst though. There's no recess for the card to fit in, so it's literally squished between two pieces of plexi.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-05-2011, 08:50 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: All holders can do it if the card fits too tightly. Make sure there's enough space in your screwdowns and magnetics that the case isn't bulging on the sides... Seems like common sense, but...

Those block type holders are the worst though. There's no recess for the card to fit in, so it's literally squished between two pieces of plexi.
Thank you Wendy, I dont think i have any squished in any loader but i am gonna have to check them all now, cause ALL my high end stuff are in these type of holders, mostly magnetic. I have noticed on thoses magnetic ones, it wont let you close it properly if it is to tight. This is horrific, especially with the Ripken card. Vintage stuff like that is too hard to come by.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

There is something you can try, but that is up to you.

Place the holder in the microwave, with the stuck side up, and microwave on high for 10 seconds, the heat should cause what ever is causing it to stick to loosen up and let the card drop to the floor of the microwave.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(07-05-2011, 09:05 PM)shezdoni Wrote: There is something you can try, but that is up to you.

Place the holder in the microwave, with the stuck side up, and microwave on high for 10 seconds, the heat should cause what ever is causing it to stick to loosen up and let the card drop to the floor of the microwave.
Thanks shezdoni!! Definitely an avenue I will try after a week or so if they don't loosen!!

If nothing works on the one I am willing to destroy, I may just put the screwdown back together on the Topps Traded and enjoy it for what it is rather than destroy it.

to the top for some looks at my baby Smile

Did you get it off? Or out should I say?