`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Goodwin Champions....what a crap box!

RE: 2011 Goodwin Champions....what a crap box!
(07-05-2011, 11:31 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: ???

I liked the Gypsy Queen set, it was fun.

On the other hand, if I rip open a box of this Goodwin junk, it is because Upper Deck paid ME to take it.
The set might be fun, but opening a box that doesn't even come close to giving you the guaranteed hits and replacing them with pathetic autos isn't fun indeed..I've seen many people on here open up a case of Gypsy Queen and get the same autograph 5-6 times...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

I would call them and see if they'll do something for you....I think they would probably send you something.

As for the bug cards....I broke a case of Goodwin back in 2009 and got an insect redemption.....they are really sick cards.

I agree with you there, I was shorted autos in them, but I have gotten them now and ANY auto is better than an "animal patch" card.....

(07-05-2011, 08:08 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I agree with you there, I was shorted autos in them, but I have gotten them now and ANY auto is better than an "animal patch" card.....
Those patches are kind of cool-looking though.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(07-05-2011, 05:33 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: The set might be fun, but opening a box that doesn't even come close to giving you the guaranteed hits and replacing them with pathetic autos isn't fun indeed..I've seen many people on here open up a case of Gypsy Queen and get the same autograph 5-6 times...
I pulled several double autos and GU but they were trade-able fortunately.

(07-04-2011, 12:01 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Well... sorry your box sucked... did you at least get a good animal patch? The rarity of the patch is based upon the endangered status of the animal it depicts. An animal of "least concern" is the most common patch, while an "extinct" animal is the rarest.
So if one were to go on a vendetta against the 3 toed sloth, would the card value increase as it became more endangered?

(07-05-2011, 05:33 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: The set might be fun, but opening a box that doesn't even come close to giving you the guaranteed hits and replacing them with pathetic autos isn't fun indeed..I've seen many people on here open up a case of Gypsy Queen and get the same autograph 5-6 times...
Well, for those of us who can only afford a few packs here and there, and not whole cases, it's not really much of a problem. The people who bust cases and cases of stuff looking only for hits... well, sorry you make enough money to be disappointed by duplicate autos lol
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(07-05-2011, 11:20 PM)thatpersonphil Wrote: So if one were to go on a vendetta against the 3 toed sloth, would the card value increase as it became more endangered?
leave the sloths alone

although I have no interest in breaking this product....I do think some of the stuff like the endangered insert patches are pretty cool looking
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(07-05-2011, 11:20 PM)thatpersonphil Wrote: So if one were to go on a vendetta against the 3 toed sloth, would the card value increase as it became more endangered?
The more endangered the animal depicted on the card is, the more short printed it was. The print run wasn't given out by UD, but they did say in their blog that the endangered animal cards are SPs.