`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay breaks my heart...again

ebay breaks my heart...again
So I'm beginning to think my ebay luck is somewhere in the bad to non-existent range lately. During the last week, I have bid on no less than 8 cards for my PC, and I keep losing the auctions by no more than a dollar or 2!

The worst part is, all of these cards are relatively low-end cards of players that don't exactly command premium prices! I'm on the road a lot with my job, so much of my bidding is done thru the iphone app. So I'll be the winning bidder, get distracted (call from work, pretty girl, food, sleep, etc), and the next time I check my phone, I get this lovely message:

"you've been outbid"

Followed quickly by this email:

"NoCardForYouThanksForPlayingGoodbye"

Doh!

Sorry for the rant/sob story. So anyway, what other stories of heartbreak are there? (perhaps to help my broken spirit recover for winning this next bid I'm watching...)

RE: ebay breaks my heart...again
what player are you bidding on?

I've mainly been bidding on some cards of Craig Biggio, Dirk Nowitzki, and David Robinson. (I know...kind of all over the place. But I like my Texas teams!)

This last card that slipped thru my fingers was the one football player I'm just starting to collect: Earl Campbell. He is something of a hometown hero back where I'm from (Tyler TX), and I found a rather cheap cool dual jersey card that I wanted. But I lost it by $0.50!

Oh well...such is the plight of life!

With eBay you gotta be comfortable with bidding a little bit higher than your willing to pay b/c while you may have only lost by $2, lord knows what the winning bidder put down as his max bid. His max bid could've been $10 more, whereas if you were to outbid him than you would've paid $12+ for that item.
photobucket: http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt135/schaudhr/

Chasing Autos of:

Hakeem Olajuwon, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Tim Duncan, Isiah Thomas, Julius Erving, Jerry West.

And Always Looking for:

Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant & Reggie Miller

Awh the Tyler Rose a great choice of a player to collect.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Haha, yeah ebay is funny that way...my problem is always being in the wrong place/wrong time when the bidding is done! Eh, I'll keep watching the 'bay...and perhaps one day get brave enough to try a trade on here.

If I can ever snag some of these cool cards, I'll post em up on here!
Yep! One of the cards I was bidding for was a Triple Threads Relic Jersey that said "The Tyler Rose" on it! EC has several sharp Triple Threads cards out there...I've gotta find me some trade bait! LoL

Happened to me last week, I lost a card by $15 that I'd been hunting for for 10 years.
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

Last week there were 2 Dennis Rodman autographed printing plates I missed out on. Then this week there was another. On Saturday I bid at the last few seconds and still got ou bid after being the highest bidder with 1 second left! Dangit, I wanted that card now three of the plates are sold and might be a while til I see another!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Not that this is the way to do it, but I have won the last 2 1/1 printing plates of a player I coached in HS. My kids idolize him and want the best collection of Jeremy Kerley cards, so I am trying my best to get that.
I lost 2 cards I really wanted by a last second bidder, so I am now simply bidding $10 more than it should sell for. I have won the last plates and letterman I bid on by doing this. One had the bid pushed up by a coule other bids; the others stayed at my original bid.
Best of luck, and I have tons of Bags/Biggio, in case you want to trade sometime.
Good luck,
Mickey (in Pflugerville, near Austin)

last night i missed out on a card i have been looking for for months. i was winning the bid the whole time till some guy butts in at the last second and puts a bid of $40 ontop of my bid Sad

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]