`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heatley for Havlat...

Heatley for Havlat...
straight up. This Sharks fan is in shock.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: Heatley for Havlat...
(07-03-2011, 10:57 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: straight up. This Sharks fan is in shock.
Happy you got a better player eh?
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

I know everyone dislikes Heatley, but I was actually growing to like him. Was he earning his $7M+ a year? No. But he had a broken hand in the playoffs and a groin injury all regular season. I thought he, Clowe, and Couture formed our strongest line.

I just never considered Heatley the impediment for greater playoffs success. I think leadership is the top factor and Heatley was never a leader. I point the finger at McLellan first, then Joe Thornton (though he played very well in the playoffs this year). And then Marleau. I'd be fine with McLellan and Marleau gone before Heatley...I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least Heater played with heart.

(07-03-2011, 11:13 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I know everyone dislikes Heatley, but I was actually growing to like him. Was he earning his $7M+ a year? No. But he had a broken hand in the playoffs and a groin injury all regular season. I thought he, Clowe, and Couture formed our strongest line.

I just never considered Heatley the impediment for greater playoffs success. I think leadership is the top factor and Heatley was never a leader. I point the finger at McLellan first, then Joe Thornton (though he played very well in the playoffs this year). And then Marleau. I'd be fine with McLellan and Marleau gone before Heatley...I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least Heater played with heart.
I am just saying Havlet is better because he is haha. Not that I hate Heatley, you just got a better player.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

(07-03-2011, 11:15 PM)nuccionino Wrote: I am just saying Havlet is better because he is haha. Not that I hate Heatley, you just got a better player.
You may be right. I've been begging for faster, more creative skaters and puck handlers, so maybe Havlat's that guy.

Being a Senators fan, I've had ample opportunity to watch both of these players. I'll agree that Heatley may not be your typical dressing room leader, but to suggest that Havlet is a better player is somewhat ridiculous. Granted, Havlat is a smooth skater and a pretty good puckhandler and scorer, but come on now? Heatley is a more well rounded player (maybe lacking a little defensively), and his point totals have been somewhat consistent throughout his career, but Marty has issues, most notably with discipline! Top that with the steady decline in point production and injuries, and you have to wonder why he's moved or been moved so often in recent seasons...Just my 2 cents!
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(07-04-2011, 12:19 AM)opierocks Wrote: Being a Senators fan, I've had ample opportunity to watch both of these players. I'll agree that Heatley may not be your typical dressing room leader, but to suggest that Havlet is a better player is somewhat ridiculous. Granted, Havlat is a smooth skater and a pretty good puckhandler and scorer, but come on now? Heatley is a more well rounded player (maybe lacking a little defensively), and his point totals have been somewhat consistent throughout his career, but Marty has issues, most notably with discipline! Top that with the steady decline in point production and injuries, and you have to wonder why he's moved or been moved so often in recent seasons...Just my 2 cents!
The numbers are similar in recent years, and look who Havlat played for, a team with few offensive power. Remember when he was on Chicago? He was good with playmakers. That and being a little better defensinvly makes me say that.
Always gone Thur-Sun

I was surprised to it this trade, but oh well
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Slowly, the Minnesota Wild are becoming the San Jose Sharks. First the Burns for Setoguchi, Coyne & 1st rounder and now this.

I believe both players bring different styles that their new teams can use. This said, both are getting older and time is catching up with them.