`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizing Mess of a super collection :(

RE: Organizing Mess of a super collection :(
Wow Deuce, Thats a crap ton of scanning. How did you pull that off in just a couple weeks? I started cataloging my collection in FEB by entering each one in to the Beckett ORG and into my new Filemaker data base. Just about finished and i currently have about 2800 different cards. I only scanned cards with a high book value of $2 or more. Not sure how many scans that came out to but I think I have something like 1800-2000 scans and let me tell you it has been a B***h ! I feel the same way as The legendaryjerryrice. Just looking at my scanner makes me want to puke! It was totally worth it though. Now I actually KNOW what i have and WHERE to find it. Every card in a penny sleeve(even base) and cards with a high book of $10 or more in a sleeve and top loader. I numbered each card according to its file number in the database then put them into monster box's. So if I want to find a card I do a search in filemaker it gives me the number, the quantity on hand and the scan (if it has one) then I just walk over to the monster and pluck it out. Collecting BLISS! Honestly I had NO idea what i had before or what it was worth. It has been so fulfilling and makes me feel way better about my collection.
Tell me Deuce whats your secret to speeding up the scan process? I must know...even though I already spent 5 months of my life endlessly scanning... lol
(07-03-2011, 10:10 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: I just got done scanning 2500 cards over the last few weeks so trust me I know what it's like lol.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

HAHAHA, HAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Big Grin

(07-03-2011, 10:52 PM)mik253 Wrote: HAHAHA, HAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Big Grin
Here's a few famous words for some motivation....

Just shut up grab your sack and SCAN !!!!!
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

LMAO!!!!!!

Wes, you're always going to be known for that phrase in my eyes!! Funniest thing I've ever heard...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-03-2011, 11:01 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: LMAO!!!!!!

Wes, you're always going to be known for that phrase in my eyes!! Funniest thing I've ever heard...
lol i love you guys!! Scanning these cards are bringing back memories.... Quite a few are from you guys Smile
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile

(07-03-2011, 11:04 PM)weslamb Wrote: lol i love you guys!! Scanning these cards are bringing back memories.... Quite a few are from you guys Smile
Wink
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-03-2011, 11:04 PM)weslamb Wrote: lol i love you guys!! Scanning these cards are bringing back memories.... Quite a few are from you guys Smile
... Big Grin ...
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

No secret here bro last few weeks maybe was the wrong words it was more like a month or so to scan them and I do the exact same as you anything over $2.00 gets scanned.

The crazy part is this is the second time I had to do it because I deleted a folder without thinking in my photobucket and that just happened to be the "main" album which also deleted all my "Sub" albums lol. I almost cried but then got over it and went back to work.
Yeah I couldn't believe the amount of my giants cards that I have got from people on here. Some really amazing ones too. That book is still up there with some of my favorite cards mik Smile it's beautiful!
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

What I have done to prevent losing all my scans is, after scanning I crop and resize the file to 72 resolution and then "save for web" it reduces the file size dramatically so I can actually just store all my card images on my hard drive then I use an online backup service called Jungle disk which cost me only 2 bucks a month as you only pay by the amount of data stored and the first 5 gigs is only 2 bucks a month. So if my computer crashed or god forbid someone broke in and stole it I can just download all my data from there site and bingo Im back in business....of course if they stole my cards then that would be a different story..oh man that would suck!
My dad collects and sells stamps and he has mastered the art of scanning as he can scan a whole tray of stamps and then separate the image out to individual stamps somehow which cuts WAY down the time spent scanning but I haven't bothered to learn how to do it yet...Probably would have saved me a lot of time.
I only use Photobucket if I want to post a pic to the forum.
(07-03-2011, 11:30 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: The crazy part is this is the second time I had to do it because I deleted a folder without thinking in my photobucket and that just happened to be the "main" album which also deleted all my "Sub" albums lol. I almost cried but then got over it and went back to work.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I know what you are talking about as well. My biggest single player collection is Charlie Whitehurst and I have only scanned maybe 1% of his cards. I've been extremely lazy with the scanning.

(07-04-2011, 08:55 AM)tigerkal1993 Wrote: I know what you are talking about as well. My biggest single player collection is Charlie Whitehurst and I have only scanned maybe 1% of his cards. I've been extremely lazy with the scanning.
I think I have like 112 or so scans of my "good" Rice cards, The ones over $15... And that is like 6-8 per scan... So 700-800 cards.. I have 2800..... NOT gonna scan them all lol.. I was thinking of going and scanning a lower BV range. Not sure if I should do over $8 or $10.....