Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Which card..
Question 
Which card..
Which card reeled you back into the hobby? For me it was in 2006 when I found a box in a dumpster and saw that it was full of cards. I use to collect as a kid but stopped when someone stole my whole collection. Best card in the box was the 93 sp jeter rc. There was also some other jeters, arod, Halladay, Chipper rc and tons of inserts. Right after that I got the itch and bought a bonds rc on ebay and the rest is history.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: Which card..
I was digging through my closet a couple weeks ago and came across 18 cards from a set the hall of fame put out in 1950. The maker was Callahan, ive been trying to do some diggin but have not had much luck.. so in the process of doing research i kinda got sucked back into the hobby.. heres a pic of what i have.
[Image: callahan.jpg]

[Image: 01_fg_fc_jd_drew4.jpg]
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

hmmm for me it would be the card on the left in this scan:

I found this card two years ago around this time of year (bought it for myself for my bday in 2009) stumbled across it on ebay... had the card on the right (raw at the time) in my childhood collection and was my favorite card I ever owned... I always thought about trying to hunt down other odd variations of that jordan card...so when I found it on ebay I talked to the seller a bit...worked out a price and treated myself to it (willing paid more than I knew I should have but simply wanted it). started relooking back into baseball end of the 09 season... 2010 i was hooked 100% brought my collection back down from my parents... and here I am!

I now own 3 different wrong back variations of that jordan, as well as 5 or 6 different BGS grades of the regular card including a 9.5 (population 14)

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Nice jordans. I always loved that one as a kid. Classic Tougue-out jordan pose dunking. Anyone else?
(07-02-2011, 01:41 AM)mabester Wrote: I was digging through my closet a couple weeks ago and came across 18 cards from a set the hall of fame put out in 1950. The maker was Callahan, ive been trying to do some diggin but have not had much luck.. so in the process of doing research i kinda got sucked back into the hobby.. heres a pic of what i have.
[Image: callahan.jpg]
Thats a nice find. You should do some more digging in your closet.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(07-02-2011, 01:41 AM)mabester Wrote: I was digging through my closet a couple weeks ago and came across 18 cards from a set the hall of fame put out in 1950. The maker was Callahan, ive been trying to do some diggin but have not had much luck.. so in the process of doing research i kinda got sucked back into the hobby.. heres a pic of what i have.
Heres some info on the Callahan set:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Callahan-Basebal...0001207266
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

i started in 1978, stopped in 1989. 2001 products got me back into it...fleer platinum, sp game used, etc.

2001 had a lot of good sets