`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
July is Customer Appreciation Month

July is Customer Appreciation Month
Go here and read: Customer Appreciation Month is on!!!
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: July is Customer Appreciation Month
dang it, i completely forgot about this, i entered the first couple of days and then forgot about it, doesnt look like the basketball board got much love, the only person i recognize is karlson.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I've been doing it every morning. Smile Might have missed two days. Smile

(07-26-2011, 08:01 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I've been doing it every morning. Smile Might have missed two days. Smile

Hey you're a mod, you can't win! Isn't that like a Chevy employee winning a Camaro? :-P

And I've been on it all but probably 2-3 days as well. No luck Sad

(07-26-2011, 08:07 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Hey you're a mod, you can't win! Isn't that like a Chevy employee winning a Camaro? :-P

And I've been on it all but probably 2-3 days as well. No luck Sad
Same here no love and I've entered everyday without fail. Oh well, there is still a few more days, lol.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

The contest is not open to Beckett employees, but us mods can (probably won't) win. Smile

(07-27-2011, 07:50 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: The contest is not open to Beckett employees, but us mods can (probably won't) win. Smile
ofcourse you can't, apart from the monthly $4000 and the 5 Panini boxes you're getting for being a mod, you also want to participate in the contests?!! Lol, just kidding guys, he doesn't get anything for all that work. Show some love and send him your spare Pistons cards.

I have been entering every day too and have not seen any familiar names except klarson.. Are we really that outnumbered?

BTW, I really appreciate the giveaway but there's one thing that kind of struck me. Because of the open entry (all members can enter) and random selection of the winner, for instance baseball fans are getting basketball items, hockey fans get baseball and so on. I understand that as a basketball collector you could only just participate on the days that a basketball item is given away, but would non-basketball collectors show that same ethic? (I say basketball but it could be for any sport) Ofcourse a freebee is a freebee so take it while you can. But what I see happening now is that those who win an item that is of a sport that's not of their interest, that item goes straight on eBay.

Perhaps it would have been a better idea if entry to the giveaway would only be open to members who have contracted the corresponding sport's price guide. First of all that would show Beckett's appreciation to those who are generating their revenue. It would also get the items to the appropriate collectors, either adding to their collections or stimulating trades through the Beckett system.

I might have missed 2 days only as well... no luck here!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(07-28-2011, 03:13 AM)folkertino Wrote: ofcourse you can't, apart from the monthly $4000 and the 5 Panini boxes you're getting for being a mod, you also want to participate in the contests?!! Lol, just kidding guys, he doesn't get anything for all that work. Show some love and send him your spare Pistons cards.

I have been entering every day too and have not seen any familiar names except klarson.. Are we really that outnumbered?

BTW, I really appreciate the giveaway but there's one thing that kind of struck me. Because of the open entry (all members can enter) and random selection of the winner, for instance baseball fans are getting basketball items, hockey fans get baseball and so on. I understand that as a basketball collector you could only just participate on the days that a basketball item is given away, but would non-basketball collectors show that same ethic? (I say basketball but it could be for any sport) Ofcourse a freebee is a freebee so take it while you can. But what I see happening now is that those who win an item that is of a sport that's not of their interest, that item goes straight on eBay.

Perhaps it would have been a better idea if entry to the giveaway would only be open to members who have contracted the corresponding sport's price guide. First of all that would show Beckett's appreciation to those who are generating their revenue. It would also get the items to the appropriate collectors, either adding to their collections or stimulating trades through the Beckett system.
Thanks folk.

As for the contest, that's not something that's easily solved but if I were to have done it, this would have been my solution.

I don't know how many items Beckett has to give away, but I would have given each sport something each day. However, you are only allowed to enter the contest for one sport a day. So if I collected Baseball and Basketball, but I mainly collected Basketball, I would only enter Basketball on one day. The next I might do baseball. Because the votes carry over, by the end of the month my name would be in the drawing 15 times each (if I didn't win anything) for Baseball and Basketball. I'm sure they'd have enough mid end rookies, and I would start that way. Start out where the first cards of the month that are given away are promos and rookies (non-GU and non-AU rookies), then go to low serial numbers non-GU and non-AU, then go to GU, then go to AU. This way, when it gets to the bigger items, there's more votes out there.

I think it was got watcha want, but he traded the person who won the Nash/Kidd dual AU for it.

I didn't let this one make it to ebay...... http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2006-0...sh-5985166

I had to come out of my shoes to get it from baycitysfinest, but no regrets especially since Beckett has the front and back scanned for me already. There was a Magic Johnson auto and a Blake Griffin Patch that sounded interesting. But a Blake Griffin Patch is one of the singles I came off of to get the Kidd/Nash dual auto.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!