`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting back into this..Bowman Platinum 11?
06-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Getting back into this..Bowman Platinum 11?
Hey All,

Im new here. Just got the itch after almost 10 years out of collecting WOW alot has changed. I have about 10,000 cards from the 90s(who knows what gems are in there)

Anyways, just bought a few boxes of 99 Bowman the other day and got some nice pulls(Hudson intl ref 68/100, Jeter impact refractor, Soriano, Sabathia,Dunn, and a few others)

Looking at this Bowman Platinum coming out next month and thinking about getting a hobby case of it...looks like its going for about $600 on ebay...any thought on it? 2010 seemed to do pretty well...

Also probably going to mostly sell the good pulls I find but if anyone needs some base cards or some of the stuff that I probably cant sell for much, I would love to trade for some Chipper cards.

Looking forward to busting boxes again!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2011, 04:18 PM
RE: Getting back into this..Bowman Platinum 11?
I'm addicted to Platinum and I'm working on building the prospect auto set from last year...

I would love to have first dibs at buying the autos you pull

Always Looking for Bowman Platinum Prospect Autos, Topps Gold, Buster Posey, Ryan Braun, and Jose Bautista Cards
06-30-2011, 06:41 PM
(06-30-2011 04:18 PM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote:  I'm addicted to Platinum and I'm working on building the prospect auto set from last year...

I would love to have first dibs at buying the autos you pull

Alright, well I KNOW I'm at least buying 2 boxes..trying to sell some other cards fast so the wife will let me buy a whole case..I'll Keep you updated. Any other suggestions as I know Bowman is great for prospects but I dont know what is good for inserts anymore...
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
(06-30-2011 06:41 PM)tgriffith Wrote:  Alright, well I KNOW I'm at least buying 2 boxes..trying to sell some other cards fast so the wife will let me buy a whole case..I'll Keep you updated. Any other suggestions as I know Bowman is great for prospects but I dont know what is good for inserts anymore...

I use to buy just random boxes of topps series 1 and 2 for inserts like gold, black, platinum, silk etc....

I'm only buying bowman platinum from now on though because the cards look amazing and there are always gold , purple, green, blue etc refractors for inserts...

Always Looking for Bowman Platinum Prospect Autos, Topps Gold, Buster Posey, Ryan Braun, and Jose Bautista Cards
07-01-2011, 11:25 AM
(06-30-2011 03:46 PM)tgriffith Wrote:  Also probably going to mostly sell the good pulls I find but if anyone needs some base cards or some of the stuff that I probably cant sell for much, I would love to trade for some Chipper cards.

Looking forward to busting boxes again!!

oh, great another Chipper collector. when are his card values going to go up again? j/k welcome back to collecting. P.S. let me know when you get your Chipper collection loaded in the org so I can see what you have to trade. Looking forward to some scans of your 90s stuff.

[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]
07-01-2011, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 01:55 PM by joe callahan13.)
There are only parallels in Bowman Platinum, not inserts. (At least not in the same sense as the inserts of the 90's) And like you, I am fairly new to collecting again. The overwhelming thing I have noticed is that the inserts are nowhere close to what they used to be. Everything is GU/autos now. The days of hunting for the very rare base inserts are pretty much over. (Or feels that way)

Bowman Platinum and Gypsy Queen were the ones that got me addicted to it again. Just be careful- Bowman Platinum is like a gateway drug! You will get a taste of the autos and pretty soon you will be hunting down Topps Tribute or some Exquisite or something!

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!