`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i got ripped off is my next step wrong?

i got ripped off is my next step wrong?
hey all so i made a trade in back in the beginning of may with the user name .... tomkar ....and have not received the card i traded for nor have i been able to get him to respond to email or pm . i also got a moderator involved and we've gotten nowhere, id like to post this guys name and address so this doenst happen to anyone else(he may change user id's) is this allowed?
please let me know, id really like to make sure rip offs like this dont happen to others. no one should have to feel as crappy and upset as i do about this. thanks take care and happy trading

RE: i got ripped off is my next step wrong?
You would have to report to CEOCards or floydtown so they can post it in the "Questionable Traders" thread. You don't have the right to fire this name out there... none of us do, so they will have to do it. Hope that this helps and get resolved.

Randi

thanks for letting me know that, i really wasnt sure and didnt want to over step my bounds. so since i have already been in contact with a mod floydtown and they are looking into it id be best off to wait for they're advice.. great thank you so much for the sound advice cuz i tell you this is upsetting, you enter a trade forum , do the homework and i know 99%are the honest collectors and traders that just wanna work on their collection and help others but those few can just ruin it for you. take care all and happy trading.

Here is one hint for you... if they are not too active on the boards, ask others first. If they get a good feedback then you are clear. If you are having trouble finding info about them then read any and all feedback left for them in their profile. I hope that the Mods get back to you soon.

Randi

Not 100% sure, but I believe I saw that the person in question was banned...
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(06-29-2011, 04:30 PM)rayeates Wrote: Here is one hint for you... if they are not too active on the boards, ask others first. If they get a good feedback then you are clear. If you are having trouble finding info about them then read any and all feedback left for them in their profile. I hope that the Mods get back to you soon.

Randi
Spot on! Look at their list of traders and look for names you have seen on the boards and send one a pm..most of the collector's here are more than willing to help out. Another tip I can recommend is that if someone sends you a trade request via pm without a trade offer through the system, be very apprehensive and maybe request that they send first.
In this case, my favorite place to find scammers is facebook.! And if you want to, list at the bottom of your sig, the user name and their hometown, to warn other traders...but check with a mod to see if this is against TOS first.
The mods can be very helpful, but they have alot on their plate and just send a friendly reminder to your situation!
Hope it works out for you!
-Craig

the mods just listed him as banned as of yesterday until he gets ahold of one of them.. thanks for all this info everyone, much appreciated. take care and happy trading.