`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting info re: Panini going forward

Interesting info re: Panini going forward
I just got this email from Global Talkin' Sports that explains details for new policies regarding Panini products.

"With the solicitation of 10/11 Panini National Treasures NBA, Panini is launching its new Hobby Distribution Program. All new product solicitations moving forward will be available only to Authorized Panini Hobby Store Retailers! Please see below for additional details.
You may also refer to the retailer letter being sent out by Panini by clicking here. Per the Manufacturer, this program is a work in progress - additional details will be provided as soon as they are available.

Authorized Panini Hobby Retailers:
Panini will be launching their new Hobby Distribution Program with the solicitation of 10/11 National Treasures Basketball. Over the next few days, Panini direct accounts will be receiving updates as to their current status. They will still have the opportunity to complete the application process. This letter will highlight some of the key points of the program and inform them about the price increase on all products starting with National Treasures Basketball.

· No retailers may be sold any Panini product for the first 30 days of release UNLESS they are an Authorized Panini Retailer

· Only Authorized Brick & Mortar Stores can receive product for the first 7 days product is live UNLESS otherwise approved by Panini (i.e. National Trade Show).

What are the HIGHLIGHTS of the program?
· 7 day window for Authorized B/M retailers
· Retail MAPP Policy effective for 30 days from release date
· No business to business posting for 30 days from release for retailers
· Online case breakers must be submitted for approval
· Removing the SRP from products
· Authorized Panini Distributors may post on B2B in accordance with MAPP guidelines
· Authorized Panini Distributors can sell (Pre-booking) to authorized retailers at manufacturer listed
wholesale price
· Authorized Panini Distributors may not sell below manufacturer listed wholesale price for 30 days
after release
· Case sizes will be the same going forward for Masters and Directs
· Authorized Panini Distributors are not allowed to sell to the end consumers
· Panini has the right to review all case sales and to allocate at our discretion
· Can only sell to approved retailers for first 30 days of product release
· All case sales to non-authorized accounts after 30 days must be submitted for approval
· No Cross border selling
· All product trades must be approved

Additionally....
· Brick & Mortar Stores will no longer be permitted to wholesale Panini product - any stores caught continuing this practice will be terminated from the authorized program.

· Only approved Authorized Internet Retailers may sell Panini product online. AIR applications will be available in a few days. There will only be a small number chosen to retail Panini products online. Show dealer applications will be sent out during the next week to 10 days."

The idea of giving LCSs a week of sales opportunity ahead of everyone else is a good thing for those shops, giving them a great chance to compete for once. The price increase in all products is not as good of an idea.

RE: Interesting info re: Panini going forward
too bad the price increase isn't justified...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

I do like where they are going, but if your like me and don't have to have the stuff as soon as it comes out then this will keep people from case searching and selling wholesale out of the back. The secondary prices won't change much after that window closes. It may drive the product prices a little longer though.

I like this.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

so are sites such as blowoutcards not going to have cheaper prices then our lcs's now?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Interesting info Panini going forward
(06-28-2011, 08:36 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: so are sites such as blowoutcards not going to have cheaper prices then our lcs's now?
They still can. Your local LCS probably will have a higher markup than blowout and the others because they have to in order to survive. What this does is give your LCS a better chance to sell the product than they would have now. It levels the playing field some and especially helps the LCS overcome the current advantage of no overhead a weekend wax dealer enjoys. With this new system the LCS gets that week to ten days, depending on day of the week a product drops, to move what they have before the show dealer slashes the price. What this new policy does is extend the life of new product for those who truly need it to hold its value for more than two days.

what about overseas shops and overseas buyers? I am all for the support of the B & M shop but we have those here as well, how will they get them from their distributors who honestly from my knowledge do not have these direct connections? Does that mean the prices here will rise up? I know panini for one is using 2010/2011 to earn money to stay in business just in case the lockout affects their products...but shouldnt moving stock than doing all this make better business sense?

This is basically the same thing that Upper Deck put out, which makes me wonder if Dicky Williams got his grubby little hands inside Panini operations.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(06-28-2011, 11:53 PM)shezdoni Wrote: This is basically the same thing that Upper Deck put out, which makes me wonder if Dicky Williams got his grubby little hands inside Panini operations.
I think that it is just a new card company attempting to create the LCS atmosphere we all loved in the 90's.

Anyone remember the hysteria over the overproduced baseball cards and then along came Michael Jordan to pull the hobby through to the end of the 90's.

Cards were hyped easier back then because most had no idea or didn't care of the production run. Ebay came along and all of the sudden people could find 50 copies of a card for less than $5 a piece when they paid $25 for the same card at an LCS in the past.

These manufacturers just don't get the the internet has destroyed that erra of card collecting. The secondary market are being flooded with GU/Autos/and 1of1 cards that these companies have opened pandora's box with.

Where are the cool and rare inserts that people want to chase??? I don't need a number or a swatch or an auto, I want a scarce card that has a great design.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(06-28-2011, 11:53 PM)shezdoni Wrote: This is basically the same thing that Upper Deck put out, which makes me wonder if Dicky Williams got his grubby little hands inside Panini operations.
It sure is, which makes me worry for Panini. Upper Deck is not a company I would suggest emulating.

My thought is that Pokemom killed all Sports Cards since the buyer were Children and their Parents. They went the way of Beanie Babys. Where I used to sell a 1,000 9 pocket pages a weekend ( I didn't sell Pokemom ) I am now lucky to sale $ 5.00 worth of pages a month.