`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are collections with no end so popular?

Why are collections with no end so popular?
Why are themed collections with no end so popular? I don't always need things perfect, but I like to know there is a possibility I can complete a collection.

Is it because people want there to be a seemingly limitless number of cards they can buy for a player? If so, that explains how the card companies can release so many products each year.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: Why are collections with no end so popular?
What would make your collection unique if the person next to you could collect the same exact cards and have the same exact collection as you. Having so many rare and low numbered cards is what can make your collection stand out from the rest.

Thats why I am mainly doing just rookie cards for the guy i collect. Then I will go year by year of course I am not counting the 1 of 1 cards as it will be impossible to get all of them.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(06-28-2011, 04:00 PM)slufan83 Wrote: What would make your collection unique if the person next to you could collect the same exact cards and have the same exact collection as you. Having so many rare and low numbered cards is what can make your collection stand out from the rest.
I completely agree.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(06-28-2011, 04:00 PM)slufan83 Wrote: What would make your collection unique if the person next to you could collect the same exact cards and have the same exact collection as you. Having so many rare and low numbered cards is what can make your collection stand out from the rest.
BINGO! My good Sir, you just hit the last nail in the coffin.

I have to agree, we have to have something to set us apart from the others.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html