`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what point do you start to worry?

At what point do you start to worry?
OK, so I have been a member for a few years. I have only traded once or twice. I made a trade with a member who seems to have good feedback on 6-15. I sent my cards out the next morning on the 16th. He marked them as received on the 21st. And thats the last I have heard from them. Not responding to my PM's and has not updated the trade on his end. I have checked and they have logged in everyday since the trade yet they have not shipped and the part that has really got me worried is not returning my PM's asking when they would be able to ship.
My question is: Am I getting excited for no reason or should I be concerned? At what point should I assume the cards are not coming? What if any recourse do I have?
This is exactly why I have been reluctant to trade. I love the OPG,Organize and Forums but the trading has always felt sketchy to me and it seems it didn't take me long to get burned...
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

RE: At what point do you start to worry?
I would put his name out there in an effort to gain some member support. Make sure you let everyone know not to trade with him.

What kind of stuff did you send? Nothing high end I hope.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Well I don't wanna give his name just yet cause I'm holding out hope there is a "reason" he hasn't responded. Nothing high end 3 cards worth $18 but still. I defiantly will at some point. I just wanna make sure I do everything in a respectable manner. I love this site and don't want to cause any problems. I would love some input as to what steps I should take.

If he's on everyday and no answering pm's then he's either blind or ignoring you I say the latter is more likely. Last thread like this everything turned out fine though so I hope it does with you too.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

The fact that the other trader is not returning PM's would bother me. Is by chance the other trader located in Canada? They had a work stoppage with their postal system up north. Before you call out another trader I would contact one of the Mods and see if they can get an answer for you. Try Floydtown or Ceocards, they are both very helpful. Good Luck and keep us updated.

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Thanks BigT I think I will do that. Nope he is in the U.S

(06-27-2011, 11:18 PM)bigt314 Wrote: The fact that the other trader is not returning PM's would bother me. Is by chance the other trader located in Canada? They had a work stoppage with their postal system up north. Before you call out another trader I would contact one of the Mods and see if they can get an answer for you. Try Floydtown or Ceocards, they are both very helpful. Good Luck and keep us updated.

BigT

Yeah, id be worried if there are no responses to PMs. i love participating on this site, but just dont trade anymore...i got burned BAD by a dude named Trademeyourbeanies, and havent made a trade since. I justn wont accept the risk, and dont wont scammers to ruin this site for me. With that being said, the majority of traders here are legit, but my apple had a worm...a big fat nasty worm. And i hate fruit.

people like the person your talking about makes it hard for us new guys trying to build are collections . here in Idaho falls ,Idaho we don't have any LCS around the only places to get cards is wally world Target Shopko or internet .. craigslist sometimes im hope that the one's that have traded with me were happy with the trades as i was notify the mods ASAP
a> href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/marty74elwaybroncos/?action=view&current=martywood74.jpg" target="_blank">my sig banner

Just post a thread asking where.are my cards? Seems to be the thing to do now. Has the member been posting, or just logging on?
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Yea he has been posting some trade threads yesterday. Im gonna see if one of the mods can get it solved before I put the guy on blast.