`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What changes should card companies make to improve the hobby?

RE: What changes should card companies make to improve the hobby?
(06-27-2011, 01:51 AM)samiamryan Wrote: Throw away the "event used" garbage. Complet waste. More game used helmet, pants, pads, turf, pilons, uprights ect.

More oncard autos.

More vetran based sets with vetran autos. Less rookie autos

Redemtions for full game used memorbilia.

Redemtions with personalized auto. To Mikey: Best Wishes. Signed: Peyton Manning.

More inscription based autos. Topps Five Star nailed it with there "Personal Hero" or "Favorite Movie." Run with that idea.
I am loving that personalized redemption idea!
[Image: Denbro17.jpg]
Kendall Hunter super-collector!!
I collect Oklahoma State, Kendall Hunter, Barry Sanders, Denver Broncos!
And soon to be Justin Blackmon and Markelle Martin super-collector!

I would love to see alot more inscriptions. However something I would love to see is have the companys nut up and get rid of boxes that have hits guarnteed. Make it to where a hit is something to be had again and make inserts actually sought after again. I dont see this happening as the companys are too gutless to take a hit and work together because if all but one company does this the one company will make bank and the others will go out of business. However I would like to see more quote/inscription autos and less booklets. Have you seen the elite ones? They are dumb, there the same as last year just in booklet form. Some other things i would like to see is redemptions not having experation dates and giving the company a way to skimp out and save even more money. Plus I think there shouldnt be so many sets out there. Make around 5 different sets with all different price tags from around 75-500 so that everyone gets what there looking for unlike companys with 5 releases out already.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Do away with redemptions, or make the turn-around SOMEWHAT reasonable.
Also by making some more sweet Oregon/Chargers cards! Big Grin

Get rid of the retail boxes and packs, they are just not worth the money and whenever I think of them I can't help but feel as if they are only there to screw little kids out of their lemonade stand money. Who wants to pay 20-30 bucks for base cards and a couple of inserts? At the very least, let stores like Walmart and Target sell Hobby Boxes for those that wish to buy them.

(06-27-2011, 03:34 AM)bgillett86 Wrote: Get rid of the retail boxes and packs, they are just not worth the money and whenever I think of them I can't help but feel as if they are only there to screw little kids out of their lemonade stand money. Who wants to pay 20-30 bucks for base cards and a couple of inserts? At the very least, let stores like Walmart and Target sell Hobby Boxes for those that wish to buy them.
Believe it or not, but my two best pulls have been from retail blasters. I've spent way more on hobby packs/boxes and usually get lower-end hits for whatever reason. I've got a Manning auto out of Topps Prime, and a Tebow auto out of Topps Magic. Both book higher than anything I've pulled in the year or so I've got back into collecting.

I have been brainstorming lol. What if they came up with a product solely for team collectors?

Example:

Let's call it Topps Team Extreme

Around $200 a box or so

Say 50 cards a box

35 base, 8 inserts and parallels, 2 rookies from the most recent draft, 3 mem cards and 2 autos

Make it a hard set to put together. Say only 150 of each card made.

I could keep going but I think you get the idea. I think it would be great to get a box with your favorite team inside only.

They could also make special boxes with special cases so when you complete a set you have a nice place to store them. IDK just thinking. lol.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(06-27-2011, 03:48 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I have been brainstorming lol. What if they came up with a product solely for team collectors?

Example:

Let's call it Topps Team Extreme

Around $200 a box or so

Say 50 cards a box

35 base, 8 inserts and parallels, 2 rookies from the most recent draft, 3 mem cards and 2 autos

Make it a hard set to put together. Say only 150 of each card made.

I could keep going but I think you get the idea. I think it would be great to get a box with your favorite team inside only.

They could also make special boxes with special cases so when you complete a set you have a nice place to store them. IDK just thinking. lol.
And, maybe even a subset where they highlight a couple of the better coaches and some of the HOF players from that team...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(06-27-2011, 12:51 AM)clemsoncowboy Wrote: Almost forgot, I wouldn't mind seeing another set sort of like the old 80s/early90s that incorporate more players......sets that contain 10 or 12 players from each team rather than just 2 or 3.
Love the idea of incorporating more players from each team like they did in the 80s/90s. It gives a lot more variation and gives fans the opportunity to get a card of that folk-hero type player on their team that isn't considered to be a large enough star to show up in every set like Brady, Manning, etc.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

I think we can all get on board with this statement:
"READ MY LIPS - NO MORE REDEMPTIONS!!!"
Nothing ticks me off more than to rip a box and the only decent hit is a freakin redemption. Yeah, i'm talking to YOU, Panini! We might not live long enough to actually receive the card with the way thier redemption program works.
I will make one excption - as mentioned above - redemptions are fine for things that wouldnt fit in the pack, like a autoed ball, jersey, helmet, etc. But even then, they better have the item IN HAND before they even put the redemption cards into packs.

All the ideas mentioned above are great. Love the team based high end thing too! But then again, dont you get the feeling the companies might be a stuck holding a few $500 "Exquisite Bengals" boxes? LOL! (Apologies to all Bengals fans)
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(06-27-2011, 08:57 AM)bselje Wrote: I think we can all get on board with this statement:
"READ MY LIPS - NO MORE REDEMPTIONS!!!"
Nothing ticks me off more than to rip a box and the only decent hit is a freakin redemption. Yeah, i'm talking to YOU, Panini! We might not live long enough to actually receive the card with the way thier redemption program works.
I will make one excption - as mentioned above - redemptions are fine for things that wouldnt fit in the pack, like a autoed ball, jersey, helmet, etc. But even then, they better have the item IN HAND before they even put the redemption cards into packs.

All the ideas mentioned above are great. Love the team based high end thing too! But then again, dont you get the feeling the companies might be a stuck holding a few $500 "Exquisite Bengals" boxes? LOL! (Apologies to all Bengals fans)
I was liking this statement till the end....I hate you Wink
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY