`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you trade and sell?

RE: Do you trade and sell?
Used to sell constantly, over 500 listings at any given time but now with my job I only buy and sometimes trade when I'm home. I occasionally sell when I can because I really dont want cards other than my PC (I hate the clutter and sorting lol) but cant stop buying boxes lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Im like the majority, 90% trade/buy and 10% sell. I usually sell at our local card show thats held once a month. I just trying to recoup any money from boxes that Imay have busted. But, I mainly trade because to me that what the hoby is all about, finding those cards you need and helping a fellow trader out with their needs at the same time. I'll buy cards for my PC and I will pickup cards to use as trade bait if the deals are right. Also, if I now that a fellow trader is looking for something in particular, I try to keep my eye out for it and will pick it up for them as well.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

I used to trade a LOT until I got too picky about what I want. Now I almost always buy/sell because not many people have what I'm looking for
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

I do both. I trade when i can but tend to buy more as i can't seem to get trades going as of late.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Barely trade anymore, except with some of my trade peeps here. Most of them now are blind trades/gifts. Used to buy much more, but now only when I see something I've been looking for a while.
Sell a handful of cards every other month, sometimes more often.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I think the Beckett consensus is buying/trading, as you will find a lot more "Collector's" here. There are other sites I trade on from time to time, but the majority are card-flippers, which there is nothing wrong with, but I'd much rather trade pieces to people who will keep it, cherish it and most of all, show it off !!
Insert Banner.

I was a 100% buyer, 0 trader and seller the first few years I collected. After a while though, that got extremely expensive and I had a lot of stuff sitting around I no longer wanted.

Thought I'd get rid of some stuff in trading. The problem was I was already finding and buying what I needed. The other traders often lowballed me and placed an unreasonable value on their stuff, which I didn't really need to begin with. I started giving more away than trading because it was less time consuming and less of a headache.

Started selling primarily to start using the money on newer purchases. For me, that was like trading for something I wanted. The high end and low numbered stuff I could usually get some of the money I spent on it back to use towards new purchases. Obviously, I don't expect to get what I originally put into it.

To me, that's a little different than selling for profit or flipping (and nothing wrong with that, just not for me).

At the start of the 2011 collecting season, I am 40% buyer and 60% seller, mostly because I haven't been impressed with most of the new products so far. Starting with Topps Inception...that ratio might change.