`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting out of the hobby...

Getting out of the hobby...
After almost 20 years of collecting, I'm going to quit. Main reason? It's the cards or my marriage. I know i'm making the right decision, because family is WAAAAAY more important than pictures of little men on cardstock. I'm not selling, or trading or liquidating my PC, but I have 6 2500 count boxes that I'm going to be throwing out. I'm keeping the 1 2500 count box with my Boise State stuff and my Steven Jackson collection. That's it.

I do want to thank ALL of the members on here for trading with me, or just responding to my threads. If I find anything that is out of place in my PC, it's going.

Thank you all for the years, trades, comments, fights, aggrivation, jubilation and all the other stuff that comes with this hobby!
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

RE: Getting out of the hobby...
good luck man...you might make it back though, so i won't say g-bye

(06-24-2011, 05:01 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: After almost 20 years of collecting, I'm going to quit. Main reason? It's the cards or my marriage. I know i'm making the right decision, because family is WAAAAAY more important than pictures of little men on cardstock. I'm not selling, or trading or liquidating my PC, but I have 6 2500 count boxes that I'm going to be throwing out. I'm keeping the 1 2500 count box with my Boise State stuff and my Steven Jackson collection. That's it.

I do want to thank ALL of the members on here for trading with me, or just responding to my threads. If I find anything that is out of place in my PC, it's going.

Thank you all for the years, trades, comments, fights, aggrivation, jubilation and all the other stuff that comes with this hobby!
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Still going to be posting on Beckett and my other message board, but willl not be picking anything else up. I doubt I will be back as this hobby has been a sore spot for my wife for almost 10 years. She gave me the ultimatum, but I wont say g'bye either. Smile
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

LOL...my wife has been bugged by it for almost 8 years, but she knows I rarely spend money on it, so she's more understanding...if i was spending money and the time, she'd be more pissed, but the time, we try to compromise on it, though we get into it a little from time to time

(06-24-2011, 05:05 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Still going to be posting on Beckett and my other message board, but willl not be picking anything else up. I doubt I will be back as this hobby has been a sore spot for my wife for almost 10 years. She gave me the ultimatum, but I wont say g'bye either. Smile
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

What kind of stuff is going in the garbage? Any raiders?
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Nope, just going to donate them to Primary Childrens Med Center. Had 3 open heart surgeries there when I was a kid, and those kids in there deserve something to brighten their day...

ft28 - Yeah, I got carried away a couple of years ago and spent about $2800 in packs alone. Wife was ready to leave me then. Haven't bought packs since, unless she or my kids got them for me.
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

yeah, i got carried away back in the day myself so I can totally relate (last spending spree I went on was on 06 contenders and dropped 600 buying boxes)....I am lucky presently in that I drop maybe a 100 in 8-10 months, and that doesn't count for the occasional box from the wife (but those are valentine's and stuff like that)....no xmas as I'm all about memorabilia when it comes to that, and wife knows cards for xmas is of no interest

(06-24-2011, 05:16 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Nope, just going to donate them to Primary Childrens Med Center. Had 3 open heart surgeries there when I was a kid, and those kids in there deserve something to brighten their day...

ft28 - Yeah, I got carried away a couple of years ago and spent about $2800 in packs alone. Wife was ready to leave me then. Haven't bought packs since, unless she or my kids got them for me.
My Flickr

(06-24-2011, 05:20 PM)ft28jags Wrote: yeah, i got carried away back in the day myself so I can totally relate (last spending spree I went on was on 06 contenders and dropped 600 buying boxes)....I am lucky presently in that I drop maybe a 100 in 8-10 months, and that doesn't count for the occasional box from the wife (but those are valentine's and stuff like that)....no xmas as I'm all about memorabilia when it comes to that, and wife knows cards for xmas is of no interest
Yup, I should have figured it out back then, but I was dumb. LOL...
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

"SIGH" I wish I had the nerve to say goodbye, but, I just can't. I'm about done myself (no job=no money, ya know) but I will stay here and chat with my buds. As a fellow (can a girl say that??) Steven Jackson collector, I hate to see you go, you have truly inspired me with your collection.

stick around and say hi when you can. I know I will appreciate it.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(06-24-2011, 05:29 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: "SIGH" I wish I had the nerve to say goodbye, but, I just can't. I'm about done myself (no job=no money, ya know) but I will stay here and chat with my buds. As a fellow (can a girl say that??) Steven Jackson collector, I hate to see you go, you have truly inspired me with your collection.

stick around and say hi when you can. I know I will appreciate it.
Thanks Kelly. My wife got a little jealous at that last package you sent when I told her you were a girl, but whatever. I will miss it like crazy, but I just have to get my priorities in order before my life falls apart.
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!