`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting out of the hobby...

RE: Getting out of the hobby...
Someone who is suppose to love you stopping you from doing something you love to do. I will never understand it. It's not like your a crack head or something.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

LOL...I just decided enough buying was enough...this hobby is fun, but I've had more fun since I've stopped spending...made the right trades with the right people at the right times, thus i've been fortunate to continue as long as I have
(06-24-2011, 05:24 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Yup, I should have figured it out back then, but I was dumb. LOL...
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(06-24-2011, 05:01 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: After almost 20 years of collecting, I'm going to quit. Main reason? It's the cards or my marriage. I know i'm making the right decision, because family is WAAAAAY more important than pictures of little men on cardstock. I'm not selling, or trading or liquidating my PC, but I have 6 2500 count boxes that I'm going to be throwing out. I'm keeping the 1 2500 count box with my Boise State stuff and my Steven Jackson collection. That's it.

I do want to thank ALL of the members on here for trading with me, or just responding to my threads. If I find anything that is out of place in my PC, it's going.

Thank you all for the years, trades, comments, fights, aggrivation, jubilation and all the other stuff that comes with this hobby!
I am pretty new here, but man I wish you luck.

Does anyone here watch the tv show "the league". (season 1) Kevin says to Pete..."just cave on everything else."

Its a pretty funny show, but I know Life is not a show ... so good luck in your endeavors.

I LIVE for "Soup Kitchens" with "Dirty Mike" and the boys!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm glad my wife is supportive of my hobby and she even enjoys busting boxes with me. She knows this is important to me and I don;t go overboard with it so we are all good with my collecting. You just need to set limits and work out deal like if you buy something that costs ?$ I can get cards for the same price and both of you stay within your budget.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

(06-24-2011, 05:16 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Nope, just going to donate them to Primary Childrens Med Center. Had 3 open heart surgeries there when I was a kid, and those kids in there deserve something to brighten their day...
Good job man!

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(06-24-2011, 05:16 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Nope, just going to donate them to Primary Childrens Med Center. Had 3 open heart surgeries there when I was a kid, and those kids in there deserve something to brighten their day...
excellent idea Smile I know there will be tons of smiles on those kids faces when they see what you've donated Smile

not going to say "good-bye" ..... come on by when you get bored, we'll keep the coffee on for ya Smile

(06-24-2011, 05:24 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Yup, I should have figured it out back then, but I was dumb. LOL...
i don't agree with that at all. you aren't dumb at all. you realized it, and you know what is important.

to those saying that i'll never understand it when someone says they love you can't love something you love...it doesn't make sense - if life was a perfect picture puzzle where everything fit, then life would be boring, love would be vanilla, and there would be no moments where you and your love could look at each other and say: "you are nothing like me - and that is why i love you." if you haven't experienced that, then i hope you can.

i've been with my wife for 11 years - we come from TOTALLY different cultures/backgrounds/religions/politics/races/nationalities/etc...and we fit perfectly inbalanced.

do what you need to do. family is far and above any hobby. if i were in your shoes, i'd drop it in a heartbeat - and i love this hobby....but i love my family more.

sorry i went so deep on this thing, man...but seriously - family is some serious business, and i'd burn my collection to keep mine.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Sorry to see you go Onyx!! It was fun having another DB collector here! Wink But you're making the right choice...cardboard has nothing on family.

I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Take care. Family does come first. I didn't make any trades with ya or get to know ya, but as a fellow collector, I hope all goes well! My wife's not a big fan either, so I understand.

Thanks to all fo the responses. I'm actually kind of glad to be done with it. It caused a lot of fights between us, so hopefully this will help. I'll still be lurking and posting, just no more pickups. :-(
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!