`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Could some 2011 Bowman packs weigh more than other packs

Could some 2011 Bowman packs weigh more than other packs
just learned that one guy on Ebay weighs his Allen & Ginter packs before mailing out the boxes. He says ones with hits in them weigh more.

Is this true for most sets? wonder if this could happen with 2011 Bowman Baseball. who says dealers dont weigh all the packs pull out the heavy ones and then reshrink wrap the boxes?

thanks

RE: Could some 2011 Bowman packs weigh more than other packs
Well if thats the case, I know on Topps products the plastics have Topps all over it. So I guess if you get a box thats plain plastic be wary.

The autographs in Bowman don't weigh more, at least not any that would be discernable without a scale that weight thousandths of ounces, and I would think most people would rather have the autograph. Game used, manufactured patches, and print plates do.

Recently they have been throwing in thick filler cards that weigh the same as GU cards and aren't bendable, and there aren't many GU in Bowman products (I mean regular Bowman, not Platinum or Sterling or anything)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(06-24-2011, 03:19 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Recently they have been throwing in thick filler cards that weigh the same as GU cards and aren't bendable, and there aren't many GU in Bowman products (I mean regular Bowman, not Platinum or Sterling or anything)
Thanks. What does GU stand for, and why the hell would you collect Nate McClouth? Hopefully you dont think you are going to make profit off of his card someday.

(06-24-2011, 03:53 PM)tsevni98 Wrote: Thanks. What does GU stand for, and why the hell would you collect Nate McClouth? Hopefully you dont think you are going to make profit off of his card someday.
Game-used, usually a jersey swatch or pants swatch or something. I collect McLouth because he was one of the reasons that my 2008 fantasy team won the league, and his cards are cheap because nobody else collects him besides the braves collectors (who don't make him their top priority)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I like to weigh my packs before opening them just to see if they have hits. I do this whenever I by wax. 2011 Bowman, in my box I got 1-85 gram and 2- 90-gram packs and the rest were 80 grams. 85 gram pack had a blue 1st year card, 1-90 gram had a gold card and the other had an extra card and the autograph pack was 80 grams. Not sure why the gold card pack was heavier unless the pack foil was cut longer than normal. I use my wife’s weight watchers scale. It is just fun to see if you can out smart the wax box by picking the hits-didn’t work for me though.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(06-24-2011, 03:53 PM)tsevni98 Wrote: Thanks. What does GU stand for, and why the hell would you collect Nate McClouth? Hopefully you dont think you are going to make profit off of his card someday.
Not everyone collects to make money, we collect because we enjoy the sport. Plus you asking about weighing packs makes me think you are a pack searcher who is just interested in making a quick $$.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I collect Kansas City Royals, trust me I don't do with the hope of making any money. Probably worst investment I could make!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

for someone who wants the community to answer to many questions for you.. you sure have a rude as hell way of going about things... you ever think hmm "maybe he likes Nate McClouth" seriously and what concern is it to you why he collects him anyway?

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors