`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pack searchers WOW (who knew there was a website?)

RE: pack searchers WOW
(06-25-2011, 04:52 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Because I have seen many LCS's do this, as well as "pass the knowledge " on down through the network.

I even had one card shop owner, tell me that he would open the box, search the packs, re-seal them with a sealing machine he had, then reseal the box, and return it to the wholesaler saying that he couldn't sell it, etc....

Now this same dealer about 6 months before, had put out a box of 1997-98 Ultra, I opened 3 packs from that box, and pulled a Jordan Platinum Medallion, that had no serial number on the back it just said " ____ of 100 ",

the dealer just about flipped, he was the pissed that he didn't get that card, when he was pack searching in the back room, he offered to buy it from me for $600 right then and there, I figured I would contact Fleer first since they hadn't been priced yet in Beckett's,

when I contacted Fleer, they wanted me to send the card back as it was supposed to have been a replacement card to be hand serial numbered if they had request for a damaged one, etc, the offered to send me something of comparable value, but it wouldn't be the Jordan

I went back to the LCS, and made a deal to sell it for $800, he then tells me that we have to go to am Attorneys office, and have some documents written up and signed, stating that I was the one that pulled it from the pack, so forth, and so on etc.. you know all the legal mumbo jumbo, this is when I found out the reason for all this is because Fleer had banned him from ever selling or possessing any Fleer/Skybox Materials

2 weeks later they were arrested for something to have to do with items they were selling, and secured creditors fraud.

I still have the paperwork that the Attorney had to write up, when I sold them the card, and this was over 10 yrs ago
Wow! That's crazy!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

RE: pack searchers WOW
I'm glad for whatever he got done to him. So many losers out there.

(06-25-2011, 04:52 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Because I have seen many LCS's do this, as well as "pass the knowledge " on down through the network.

I even had one card shop owner, tell me that he would open the box, search the packs, re-seal them with a sealing machine he had, then reseal the box, and return it to the wholesaler saying that he couldn't sell it, etc....

Now this same dealer about 6 months before, had put out a box of 1997-98 Ultra, I opened 3 packs from that box, and pulled a Jordan Platinum Medallion, that had no serial number on the back it just said " ____ of 100 ",

the dealer just about flipped, he was the pissed that he didn't get that card, when he was pack searching in the back room, he offered to buy it from me for $600 right then and there, I figured I would contact Fleer first since they hadn't been priced yet in Beckett's,

when I contacted Fleer, they wanted me to send the card back as it was supposed to have been a replacement card to be hand serial numbered if they had request for a damaged one, etc, the offered to send me something of comparable value, but it wouldn't be the Jordan

I went back to the LCS, and made a deal to sell it for $800, he then tells me that we have to go to am Attorneys office, and have some documents written up and signed, stating that I was the one that pulled it from the pack, so forth, and so on etc.. you know all the legal mumbo jumbo, this is when I found out the reason for all this is because Fleer had banned him from ever selling or possessing any Fleer/Skybox Materials

2 weeks later they were arrested for something to have to do with items they were selling, and secured creditors fraud.

I still have the paperwork that the Attorney had to write up, when I sold them the card, and this was over 10 yrs ago
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

RE: pack searchers WOW (who knew there was a website?)
I work at a LCS and I can say that we in no way pack search. The person to buy the first pack or the last pack have the same odds. We have signs up stating no pack searching even. We dont open boxes untill the last one is gone and we only have one open at a time. I hate pack searchers and I open boxes for my work very often, I never search them as I want to see people get great cards. The only thing we do is rearrange the packs just in case.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY