`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Boxes, need advice

Football Boxes, need advice
Yes, I know this has probably been posted a bunch of times. I was always a baseball cards guy, but I am really liking the football cards lately. (The prospecting in baseball is driving me crazy) I want to get some good boxes.

I don't necessarily want the ultra high end because I want to get a few different boxes, maybe a case here or there. Ultimately, I prefer something with nice hits- autos, nice patches, etc, but I also want a decent looking base card.

For some reason I really like the Crown Royales that I have seen. I don't need 2010, probably even prefer a year or two old. Absolute Memorabilia looks popular and I liked the look of the Certified.

Please help out a football wax rookie! I'm tired of the Bowman baseball rookies that may or may not ever play in the majors. What sets are the best "bang for your buck" in football?

RE: Football Boxes, need advice
Can't go wrong with your premonitions, I like the Crown's, and Certified has always treated people pretty well. Topps Inception coming up this year looks pretty pimpin, i like magic from this year too.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/ss/20...tionFB.pdf
Insert Banner.

Hmmmm, thanks Gooch, hadn't even heard of Inception yet. I want some of these sick 3 color patches I keep seeing. :-)

2010 Certified is great bang for the buck, 2008-2010 Absolute are great. 2010 Contenders is a great product if you can find it for a decent price (less than 150ish a box). Steer clear of 2010 Topps. Magic is THE BOMB.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Id say Certified, and Absolute, as far as mid end products are some of the best.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

I'm like you... new guy getting into it... The best box I've broke so far was 2010 Panini Threads...

Here are my finalists:

2010 Crown Royale - for the price, this one is definitely in. They just look cool to me.
2010 Certified - Same, this seems like a good box for cheap.
2010 Topps Magic - I broke one and wasn't impressed but may have gotten a bad one. Seems to be a popular recommendation.
2010 Playoff Contenders - Hadn't thought about this one but really like it now!
2010 Limited - Pretty nice, but hit or miss I think.
2009 Absolute Memorabilia - Not bad, but probably the one I am least impressed with.

I think I will probably end up with a 4 box break- Crown, Certified, Magic, and Contenders. And Gooch, that Inception looks great! Just have to wait until 7/13. :-)