`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Mill: Stamkos to Philly?

RE: Rumor Mill: Stamkos to Philly?
(06-23-2011, 09:58 PM)wickabee Wrote: I thought the same thing. Does he speak for all Boston fans or is this a "one classy apple" case?

You should know better than to even ask that question, that's like a Boston fan asking if ALL Canucks fans set fire to cars when they lose.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(06-23-2011, 10:44 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Was the goalie situation in Philly really that bad enough that they had to trade their captain and leading scorer?
Yeah, it was.... Philly has been a goalie graveyard ever since Ron Hextall's heydey in the mid 90s. Hopefully, Bryzgalov finally bring some stability to the back end. Also, speculation from the TSN insiders is that the Flyers' head office were unsatisfied with the level of leadership from Carter and Richards so they decided that a major shakeup was necessary. Personally, I see nothing but upside from today's transactions and will bring more competition between the premier eastern conference teams.

(06-23-2011, 10:44 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Was the goalie situation in Philly really that bad enough that they had to trade their captain and leading scorer?
I was wondering that as well. I figured they could sign Bryz and just trade Carter, but apparently not...
Collecting Anton Lander and Mark Arcobello

(06-23-2011, 11:44 PM)p8030103 Wrote: I was wondering that as well. I figured they could sign Bryz and just trade Carter, but apparently not...
Hence the Stamkos rumors. I think they will have some extra money for a dman to sure up the point with Pronger's health in question.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

(06-23-2011, 09:58 PM)wickabee Wrote: I thought the same thing. Does he speak for all Boston fans or is this a "one classy apple" case?
He does not speak for all Bruins fans obviously!

I was wondering about Prongers health as well rumor is he may not play.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

I dont think there is anything to the Stamkos rumors, but there was a rumor going around yesterday that Brad Richards was asked to waive his NTC yesterday so his rights could be traded to the flyers but he said no he wants to try free agency. I think the Flyers are done with the big trades maybe some small ones at the draft tonight but nothing major.

(06-23-2011, 10:50 PM)cheatinc Wrote: Personally, I see nothing but upside from today's transactions and will bring more competition between the premier eastern conference teams.
I agree, Carolina, NYRangers and yes, even Islanders fans should rejoice knowing they have a chance to make the playoffs. At least the Flyers were smart and traded Carter and Richards to the Western Conference! But imho, I think the Flyers just lost about all credibilty to be considered an eastern conf "premier" team and fell squarley to the bottom middle of the pack and may even not make the playoffs this year. These moves were defintley not done to win now as so much for the future of the organization.! Brad Richards is a waste of time and money, but Stamkos would be a one or two year stop gap measure as the Flyers have no right handed power shooter left with the departure of Carter. Please never bring up Briere, my wife shoots a puck harder than he does!

No Wickabee, obviously dosent speak for all Bruins fans, but these kinda remarks just add to my "ignore" list. If he cant win with class, there is no hope to be had there.! And his cardboard integrity cant be any better! Speaks volumes to that old adage, "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove everyone right" I actually thought most Bruins fans handled winning the Cup with style, considering how p***ed of they were about they way they got bounced the year before. Again, Congrats Bruins fans...but I still think the best thing about Boston is Tom Brady!

(06-23-2011, 06:00 PM)cheatinc Wrote: They GOT a goalie. Bryz should be real good now that he has a better defence corps in front of him than he did in Phoenix (as long as Pronger stays healthy) and they have great players ready to fill the shoes Carter and Richards left behind in JVR and Giroux. Plus they still have Briere. Now, add Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds plus an 8th overall pick and a couple 2nd rounders and they placed themselves in a much better position than they were at the start of today. So your arguments are null and void. Vancouver has nothing to do with this situation and Bruins prob wouldn't have made it past Montreal if Chara didn't almost end Pacioretty's career. If Paccy would've been available during the series i believe it would've been a different outcome since Boston needed overtime in game 7 to beat an unbalanced Montreal team. Try again.
Why must people keep blaming and talking about Chara hitting Pacioretty. I am so sick of this. I am a Wings fan so have no stake in this either way, but my point is if the stansion wasn't there we wouldn't even be talking about this hit. So that leaves the only other reason to be talking about this is that you believe Chara rammed him into the stansion on purpose. One that is totally absurd. It happened to be a check into the boards that had a terrible outcome and I am sure both players didn't realize the stansion was right there in the heat of battle. so enough already,It wasn't intentional on Chara's part to ram his head into the stansion. Anywhere else on the ice and this doesn't even get a footnote so leave it alone. Another reason for Canadiens fans to whine.
2012-13 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 140/140
2013-14 Artifacts Jersey/Patch Emerald /75 -- 1/160
My bucket : http://photobucket.com/home/HockeyCardsPlus

I dont think the are any worse then they were before all this happened, if anything they are better by signing Bruzgalov. Giroux, JVR and brierre are all capable of filling the Carter void and Pronger will be a much better captain. They had problems that these trades addressed and they will be a much better team then last year.

(06-24-2011, 09:04 AM)skelscardclozzit Wrote: I agree, Carolina, NYRangers and yes, even Islanders fans should rejoice knowing they have a chance to make the playoffs. At least the Flyers were smart and traded Carter and Richards to the Western Conference! But imho, I think the Flyers just lost about all credibilty to be considered an eastern conf "premier" team and fell squarley to the bottom middle of the pack and may even not make the playoffs this year. These moves were defintley not done to win now as so much for the future of the organization.! Brad Richards is a waste of time and money, but Stamkos would be a one or two year stop gap measure as the Flyers have no right handed power shooter left with the departure of Carter. Please never bring up Briere, my wife shoots a puck harder than he does!

No Wickabee, obviously dosent speak for all Bruins fans, but these kinda remarks just add to my "ignore" list. If he cant win with class, there is no hope to be had there.! And his cardboard integrity cant be any better! Speaks volumes to that old adage, "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove everyone right" I actually thought most Bruins fans handled winning the Cup with style, considering how p***ed of they were about they way they got bounced the year before. Again, Congrats Bruins fans...but I still think the best thing about Boston is Tom Brady!

The bruins winning the cup had nothing to do with that hit, they were pissed off at what happened last year and they used that on the ice. Hits and fights don't win or lose games.