`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...

Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...
I have had my eye on a card for awhile now. The BIN is high, but I finally put an offer in. It was denied, so I sent an email asking how low he would go. I think about and finally decide to go for it. I put in the offer that he quoted and I get denied. Huh. I send him another message asking him to please fix it and he messages me back, "best offer is not gonna work on eBay because of the fees we pay. I could do $ off eBay" and he gives me an email address. SERIOUSLY????? He certainly has some stones. I was sorry to do it, but I reported him.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

RE: Wow, ebay sellers sure are getting bold...
I generally have no problems doing transactions off of ebay. As long as you send money as goods and NOT as a gift you are still protected (if anyone EVER asks you to send as a gift run away as fast as you can). Plus you get the card for cheaper and the seller doesn't have to pay extra fees. Win/Win situation.

Is it against the rules, sure, but really not an uncommon practice these days. If you are going to be offering best offers that are well below the BIN option then this won't be the last time you are asked to do this either.

I personally would have just said no thanks and not reported him if I had any issue with it, but that is your decision to make and you must not have needed the card that badly.

(06-23-2011, 12:35 PM)iujapander Wrote: I generally have no problems doing transactions off of ebay. As long as you send money as goods and NOT as a gift you are still protected (if anyone EVER asks you to send as a gift run away as fast as you can). Plus you get the card for cheaper and the seller doesn't have to pay extra fees. Win/Win situation.

Is it against the rules, sure, but really not an uncommon practice these days.
The only problem I have with that is as a buyer, if the seller is willing to "skimp the rules" in one area, it speaks to their character and leaves me wondering where else they might 'skimp'.

Undoubtedly most are (justifiably) trying to save a few cents in fees, but it wouldn't exactly instill confidence in me as a buyer.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I do alot of buy it now, or best offer selling on ebay...
It cost $0.50 to list and what ever percentage on final value.... If it is on ebay... you are going to pay a fee no matter what...
That seller is just being an a-hole... If the offer is too low, then he should just tell you. Is it getting automatically denied? If so, he needs to adjust his price... I never do auto denial..

He is just being difficult..

it seems shady - I know the fees are high, but if you are not willing to pay then don't use eBay
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

as a powerseller, i give incentives for my repeat customers to go off ebay. my mailing list is explicit about the fees, and their impact on the deals i can make. it's to their benefit, and mine, to go off ebay. in fact, if they pay via check or money order (instead of paypal), i give them an even better deal

i dont think that speaks negatively to my character, thank you

Why wouldn't you use the auto decline? It's a waste of my time to have to sift through $1 offers on items that sell for $50. I would rather have someone doing that receive a politely worded automatic response I set up long ago than have to take a look at a joke in my inbox.

(06-23-2011, 02:06 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: as a powerseller, i give incentives for my repeat customers to go off ebay. my mailing list is explicit about the fees, and their impact on the deals i can make. it's to their benefit, and mine, to go off ebay. in fact, if they pay via check or money order (instead of paypal), i give them an even better deal

The difference (as I'm reading it) is you're offering REPEAT customers the ability to go off-Ebay for additional purchases.

In Amy's case, it's an initial purchase with a seller on a listing currently running on Ebay.

If I've misunderstood, I apologize, but if the above is correct, then no I don't think that speaks negatively toward you, and is not describing what my comments were geared toward.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

if you are posting on eBay with the intention of using them to source leads and them pulling it off to save the fee-then it does speak negatively about you. If you are offering repeat customers access to your cards w/o eBay it isn't relevant to this conversation

(06-23-2011, 02:06 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: as a powerseller, i give incentives for my repeat customers to go off ebay. my mailing list is explicit about the fees, and their impact on the deals i can make. it's to their benefit, and mine, to go off ebay. in fact, if they pay via check or money order (instead of paypal), i give them an even better deal

Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

ive sold off ebay a few times but its always been the buyer that asks if i would. im fine with it. i get the money i want and they pay less, all the while "screwin the man"... to the tune of 6%... Tongue
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]