`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Here's my point

RE: Here's my point
(06-21-2011, 04:05 PM)boldincollector Wrote: I collect Boldin and Roberts because they are affordable for me. Some people are fortunate enough to collect high end, but don't let them make you feel like your collection isn't worth it. I mean heck I can probably buy twenty Andre Roberts autos for the price of one Bradford and I'm happy with that.
That's like me and my DRC and Pat Devlin collections. Just gotta find what makes you happy

(06-21-2011, 04:05 PM)boldincollector Wrote: After saying that, allow me to also say, I totally understand caution toward a new member..And maybe my timing was just horrible as far as selling..but I must admit, there IS a vibe flowing thru and around the site that says, If you're not a Hi-End guy, find another site..

I collect Boldin and Roberts because they are affordable for me. Some people are fortunate enough to collect high end, but don't let them make you feel like your collection isn't worth it. I mean heck I can probably buy twenty Andre Roberts autos for the price of one Bradford and I'm happy with that.
agreed man. this site has been good to me since i started here. couple bumps in the road but worked through them. i too collect low end guys (carr and anderson) so i feel ya. i have found that the more you look though the more you find. and too people will offer them up in other trades if they know or even send them free without you knowing theyre coming. so don't get discouraged by the few that have "gold" collections. it is what it is and let them trade with eachother. i'll keep and eye out for your boys.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

I'm going to guard my words carefully, but since Day 1 joining here 2 years ago we have always felt welcome by the membership, everyone has interacted with us in a kind, friendly, open manner and over the years we have forged some tremendous friendships here ..... did it take a week/month ..... no, it took time.

Beckett members are some of the kindest, most generous folks we have ever met ..... look at all the freebie threads, look at the good that comes to so many members new and old ..... I don't know what you're reading but if you look through the main forum, there is nothing but great threads about great members imho

Will folks trade with you off the bat ..... probably not, especially if you're looking a mid to high end, sometimes you need to build a reputation before folks will ship their cards 1000 miles away ..... that's just good common sense.

Will traders deal lower end, base rc's, inserts etc ..... yes, there are tons of members here who love to build up their team/player collections ..... heck I send out more $20 trades than $200 trades, and I know about 40 others here that do the same.

Some collectors have been fortunate enough to have amassed some PC's that are simply mind boggling, many of them have been collecting for 15-20 years, so it's easy to see that they may have big $$$ cards and will want to do big $$$ trades ..... that's the same on any forum out there.

My advice ..... spend some time getting to know the membership here before you judge them, find some folks that will trade for what you need, and don't "try to look for the best deal" ..... trade BV to BV, player for player, plain and simple.

Spend some time helping others, interact with them within the main forum and build your relationships and the rest will fall in place.

There are many newbies here who I feel like we've been old friends for years ..... and there are some that may rub me the wrong way ..... it's a public forum, we're not all going to get along, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the best football forum on the world wide web Smile

pbean

I'm still relatively new here, and I try to pop in my two cent here and there. I've always felt welcomed here though I think it will take awhile before I truly feel part of the group if you will. In my opinion, everyone here has been really nice to me and I've even made a few trades with some people. But like I said, the veterans here are all really tight with each other and all know each other by name.

I'll get in there eventually! ha ha. I do enjoy it here though. I read through posts a lot while I'm at work. ha ha
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I'm not a high-end collector, and even if I had a job, I wouldn't be a high ender. I like what I have and I love to trade. I always welcome the newbies and I never turn down a deal just because the person is new here. That being said, I don't deal with the "deal grabbers", I collect, I don't deal, and the people I most trade with are the collectors. I find that we are a much nicer buncha hooligans.

[Image: BlueMischevious.jpg]
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

That "smiley" is scaring me

(06-21-2011, 04:31 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: But like I said, the veterans here are all really tight with each other and all know each other by name.
Sometimes it is relatively easy to get to know people by name here...
(06-21-2011, 04:37 PM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: That "smiley" is scaring me
Aw, c'mon, do I scare you?

[Image: scaryface.gif]

(06-21-2011, 04:37 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Sometimes it is relatively easy to get to know people by name here...

Aw, c'mon, do I scare you?

[Image: scaryface.gif]
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your name is.....Kelly?
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(06-21-2011, 03:44 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Wow I'm glad not to be one of the people that made you feel uncomfortable and it makes me feel good for you to say that Smile

Thanks you too ebelvin Smile I'm getting all kinds of love here lol.
Deuce is the MAN!

(06-21-2011, 04:39 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your name is.....Kelly?
Nice to meet'cha