`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game-Used Baseballs? Any Value?

Game-Used Baseballs? Any Value?
Yeah so recently the Royals had a charity auction and one of the things they sold.. wasnt an auction.. anyway-- 4 tickets + parking pass + jersey + tshirt + game used autographed baseball

I bought one and got my stuff in the mail today..

Code FJ 561440

"PITCHER: KC'S NATE ADCOCK, HITTER: ST. LOUIS' ALBERT PUJOLS, TOP OF THE 3RD, FOULED INTO THE SCREEN BEHIND HOME PLATE"

I assume this has a little value to it- not a lot- but a little to someone who collects this kind of stuff..

Now the kicker- this is signed by Luke Hochevar (which I was happy to receive because it could've been a looooot worse) , but does this auto make what happened to this ball in the game-- meaningless?
[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/blayneroessler/royalscopy-1.jpg[/IMG
]

RE: Game-Used Baseballs? Any Value?
my guess would be the ball would be valued at whatever the current selling price is for a luke hochevar signed ball. maybe someone else would know better.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Game-used balls are eye of the beholder items. If it has the MLB sticker, I think it's of interest to some.

I own three MLB authenticated balls -- two from random A's games and one signed/inscribed by Tim Hudson from an opening day game.

I'd love to find one from, say, Nick Swisher's 1st game. Or a HR ball from Swisher or Canseco.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Game balls are one thing that some people love and some hate. Some people see them as a dirty ball others see them as history. If I had it I wouldnt see it at much money at all. 20-30$ tops id say.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

I'd say that if it's got that certificate with it saying that ALBERT PUJOLS fouled the ball off, it would have extra value to someone who cares about that kind of thing. Luke Hochevar's auto might not be worth a ton, but if it's a game-used baseball, even with the auto, it doesn't change what happened to the ball in the game.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*