`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY worst fear with this years topps

MY worst fear with this years topps
As we all know it seems like every time topps has an issued card that everyone tries to collect the whole set. They than wait a few months to cash in by making a complete set for sale. Like years ago when the gold cards came out. Sure hope they don't do this and drive the price down on the diamond die cuts. If they do I swear I am going to quit buying packs.

RE: MY worst fear with this years topps
yea, supply and demand sucks!

Most people that build sets aren't trying to "cash in" are they? I honestly don't know
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

shhhh, dont give them any ideas, they might be watching us. Jesus, did I say that or just think it? Can they hear me?

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(06-20-2011, 01:41 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Most people that build sets aren't trying to "cash in" are they? I honestly don't know
hes saying topps is cashing in, not the collectors. i think hes mad because if hes saying if he had waited a few months, he couldve gotten a collated set for much much much cheaper.
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

(06-20-2011, 04:00 PM)capncush Wrote: hes saying topps is cashing in, not the collectors. i think hes mad because if hes saying if he had waited a few months, he couldve gotten a collated set for much much much cheaper.
Oh, but still most people enjoy "piecing it together" right?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Was mad because I have the frank thomas gold I pulled from a pack. The big chase card that year was a prospect pitcher for the Yankees auto card. Can't remember his name just that he broke his hand in a fight. Topps later produced a set with the auto included. Talk about stabbing the die hard chase card set builders in the back. And now I have about ten die cuts from the supposed inserts only thru diamond give away.

Im pretty sure he is talking about Topps pringting more of those pricey Diamond die cut cards, putting them in the factory sets this year to sell more of them. He is not talking about the regular topps set.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

In fact the gold cards where also put in complete sets at 10 each and one per wax box. Several months later right before the traded set was released they came out with a full set of gold cards. Let's just say I opened so many packs I have probably ten sets of black and gold cards and three full sets of the gold winner cards (which you were only supposed to get as a prize off the scratch off game piece).
I'm talking about topps more than likely going to produce a diamond cut set at a later time

(06-20-2011, 04:11 PM)coltsfan1961 Wrote: Was mad because I have the frank thomas gold I pulled from a pack. The big chase card that year was a prospect pitcher for the Yankees auto card. Can't remember his name just that he broke his hand in a fight. Topps later produced a set with the auto included. Talk about stabbing the die hard chase card set builders in the back. And now I have about ten die cuts from the supposed inserts only thru diamond give away.
brien taylor ?