`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are baseballs best RCs?

What are baseballs best RCs?
I am very interested to hear what everyone has to say. So here is my question: In the past decade or so, what are baseball best rcs? You can name as many as youd like but for ANY player, what would be their best rcs? Meaning the brand and/or sub brand. Would it be the regular UD? The Bowman? Bowman Chrome? ETC... Answer based upon card value and desire.

Thanks.

RE: What are baseballs best RCs?
Im a bit partial but I would say 2000 SPX Roy Oswalt.

Im sure most would say some auto refractor short print glossy chrome card but in reality those are inserts not true rc's.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

i have noticed its the Bowman/Bowman chrome. They are popular among collectors... especially now that topps is the only card producer. Other topps sets dont feature great RCs. Heritage are ok, but they dont come close to Bowman.

In 2001, I pulled a Topps platinum Albert Pujols RC. I like it but I think his Bowman much better. price guide seems to think so too.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

I'd have to agree that year to year a player's Bowman 1st or RC is the best to have...it also seems that chrome has far outpaced regular issues. I picked up a Halladay 97 chrome a few years back for $6 when it booked @ $12 and a card like that has shot up in value much quicker than any other issues.

If we're only going by past 10 years I like both Bowman and Upper Deck Pujols...I think there is still room for growth in guys like Verlander, Ethier, S Drew, and some others

2001 Bowman/Bowman Chrome Pujols (okay, so really any 2001 Pujols)
2001 Bowman/Bowman Chrome Ichiro
2001 UD Prospect Premiers D. Wright
2001 UD Prospect Premiers R. Howard
2002 Bowman/Bowman's Chrome/Bowman's Best Mauer

Probably also should include:
Hanley, Tulo, Ubaldo, Hamilton, Longoria
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

There are a lot of different ways to look at that but I'd start with first Bowman Chrome autographs -- though technically not RCs. A few I'd pick ...

2001 Pujols & Ichiro
2002 Joe Mauer
2005 Ryan Braun
2006 Evan Longoria
2007 Tim Lincecum
2010 Stephen Strasburg (not Chrome auto)
2011 Bryce Harper (not Chrome auto)

Power pitchers and sluggers are always in most demand.

Also would get Prince Fielder in there somewhere, though he's not as hot as he was in the past.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Among the lower end rookies, I think the 2001 Topps Gallery Pujols and Ichiro are two of the best. In time, I think they'll stand out from alot of the other non-auto Ichiro and Pujols rookies.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Three words... Albert "Machine" Pujols..... Any RC
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331