`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Hockey collectors put their hobby on the shelf after the finals?

RE: Do Hockey collectors put their hobby on the shelf after the finals?
In my completely uneducated opinion - I would guess the Canada Post strike is really hurting the hockey sales right now.

So you're saying there actually IS an NHL off-season? Doesn't the 2011-12 season start in a couple weeks Tongue

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-20-2011, 11:02 AM)ceocards Wrote: In my completely uneducated opinion - I would guess the Canada Post strike is really hurting the hockey sales right now.

So you're saying there actually IS an NHL off-season? Doesn't the 2011-12 season start in a couple weeks Tongue
We wish haha. Better then a lock-out. And I do hope the NBA/NFL has some sort of lock-out. NHL deserves more coverage.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Not to steer the thread off-topic, but as a "casual" hockey fan, I'd be much more inclined to tune in more often if the season wasn't so durn long...and eliminated at least 1/2 of the teams from playoff contention. I have the same complaint about the NBA.

Of course, being a huge baseball fan, I realize I'm being a bit hypocritical, as baseball season is certainly a marathon as well...

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-20-2011, 11:10 AM)ceocards Wrote: Not to steer the thread off-topic, but as a "casual" hockey fan, I'd be much more inclined to tune in more often if the season wasn't so durn long...and eliminated at least 1/2 of the teams from playoff contention. I have the same complaint about the NBA.

Of course, being a huge baseball fan, I realize I'm being a bit hypocritical, as baseball season is certainly a marathon as well...
I think hockey needs 16 in a playoff, unlike the rare instance in basketball, you can almost predict the winners. In the NHL, every series is so close. I think the season is a little too long, but playoffs is fine, best playoff in sport.

And they need to add an extra 2 teams per league in baseball Wink
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

ya marchands stuff was on fire and is still doing well but has slowed considerably...his opc auto rc /399 ended as high as $91 last week...now one just ended at like $22.50...its crazy...glad i picked one up in november when nobody cared about him for about $3 as a throw in on a combined shipping deal....

I am seeing the same downtrend but with a weird downtrend.

I bought a card off Ebay a few weeks ago for $2 flat, then take that same card that only I bid on and got 3 bids on it and sold it for more than double what I paid for it.

Then on the other hand I have a $160 card that was selling for around $100 ungraded. Mine is graded and after 6 days it is only up to $20.

It is odd how the small stuff is selling for close to what the big stuff is.

I seen a Turris Patch auto that the bid was more than 3 times the bid on a Patrick Kane Patch Auto that has like 4 colors and an insane amount of breaks. That I don't get at all
PC Players: Halak, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Oshie, Pietrangelo, D'Agostini, A. Steen, & Backes

PLAYERS WANTED: Crosby, P.Roy, Lundqvist, Spezza, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Gretzky, C.Price, Tavares, Stamkos, Nash, Hull, Tkachuk, Arnott and Langenbrunner in Blues uniform

Always up for a trade!!