`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused on Pedro Alvarez "RC"

Confused on Pedro Alvarez "RC"
Alvarez's 2010 etopps card has the RC logo on it, but as we all know, etopps cards can't really "count" as RC's (?).

He never had any other cards out other than Razor products until this year. His Topps cards and his Bowman cards do not have the "RC" logo on it. However, Beckett shows his Topps cards are "RC" and his Bowman card is not.

I don't really get it. Shouldn't all his base cards from this year be "RC"? And why does Topps not recognize them as RC's?

Anyone know anything about this?

RE: Confused on Pedro Alvarez "RC"
He must have had enough plate appearances last year to not qualify as a rookie this year
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

His 2011 Topps card is a Rookie Card by hobby definitions. Topps simply forgot to put the logo on the card. His 2011 Bowman card should have an RC tag as well in the price guide and will soon.

(It does NOT have to have the RC logo to be a Rookie Card.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

If this is the case with Alvarez, what about Brett Wallace and Justin Smoak? I may be wrong, but I think they were called up after Alvarez and they do not have the RC logo on their cards either. Would Wallace and Smoak cards in 2011 be considered RCs?

(06-21-2011, 02:58 PM)themistakeonthelake Wrote: If this is the case with Alvarez, what about Brett Wallace and Justin Smoak? I may be wrong, but I think they were called up after Alvarez and they do not have the RC logo on their cards either. Would Wallace and Smoak cards in 2011 be considered RCs?
I would say so, I think Wallace only had his RHR from Topps last year...which I don't think qualifies as a rookie.
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

Send the question to bfleischer@beckett.com -- I'm sure he just forgot to add them.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)